• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to get service in Upstate/Central NY?

Happy New Year Prime!

I'm looking to have a few basic things done this spring on my 03 (new tires, alignment, and potentially anything else that needs attention). I know Larry B is one of the gurus in this part of the country and I'd prefer to have an experienced set of eyes, ears, and hands on the car if possible, but I'm having trouble getting in touch with him through the typical channels (sent a PM on prime, sent an email), both with no response yet. Anyone know if Larry is still doing work? If so is there a better way to get in touch with him?

Or as an alternative, does anyone have good experience with another shop, either independent or dealer? I'm in Utica NY and am willing to travel a few hours for the right place. I've called the dealership outside of Albany, Northeast Acura, and they said they still work on the 1st Gen NSX but I'm not sure how many and how often. My gut tells me not many. Feel free to send me a PM if anyone has any other contact info for Larry that is not appropriate to post publicly.

Thanks for the help,
Shawn

Acura of Ramsey NJ did my last timing belt- they were excellent but the stuff you are talking about seems more minor - I'd find a good local tire shop and start there.

Thanks for the info. The car's needs right now are definitely minor, though I'm hoping to keep the car long term and build a good relationship with the kind of place that will be able to do the more major services and repairs when they come up.

Many of us use Kun at GT Automotive in Edison, NJ. He owns an NSX too. Although, I need to stop referring people as my car now doesn't get in as fast as I'd like for service, lol.

He's meticulous, fair pricing and has serious attention to detail. Only place I'd go to.

Many of us use Kun at GT Automotive in Edison, NJ. He owns an NSX too. Although, I need to stop referring people as my car now doesn't get in as fast as I'd like for service, lol.

He's meticulous, fair pricing and has serious attention to detail. Only place I'd go to.

Thanks, thats about 250 miles from me. Probably a bit too far for the basic items, but I'd definitely consider that trip for more significant services (TB/WP, clutch, etc).

Running into an issue. I have a 2005 auto that has a check engine light showing up over and over again. My car has been serviced at an Acura dealer in South Jersey since I purchased it in 2010, but they have gone through a few NSX-certified techs and not sure if anyone currently working there is qualified. Any recommendations in the NYC area? I'm willing to travel ~50 miles or so...thank you in advance.

Running into an issue. I have a 2005 auto that has a check engine light showing up over and over again. My car has been serviced at an Acura dealer in South Jersey since I purchased it in 2010, but they have gone through a few NSX-certified techs and not sure if anyone currently working there is qualified. Any recommendations in the NYC area? I'm willing to travel ~50 miles or so...thank you in advance.
As noted above, Kun at GT Automotive in Edison, NJ is probably your best bet now.

Back