• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which light is this on the dash?

That's not the TCS light..... the TCS light is above the gas gauge... next to the low fuel light...... which is not in view of this pic even if it were on - as stated above.

Ahh... nope, I'm pretty sure that is the little amber glowing thing that is imprinted "TCS" in my dash. See it every morning for my wake-up left turn into civilization. Unless they moved it in a Y2K one yours should be the same.

Which light do you have in that spot?

But of course I could be wrong so I'll check it tomorrow just in case and let you know.

Ralph

There are two TCS lights. One in the middle of the dash which is orange and indiactes a failure and the one in the TCS deactivation switch which is green (above the ignition).

Originally posted by rquintero:
Ahh... nope, I'm pretty sure that is the little amber glowing thing that is imprinted "TCS" in my dash. See it every morning for my wake-up left turn into civilization. Unless they moved it in a Y2K one yours should be the same.

Which light do you have in that spot?

But of course I could be wrong so I'll check it tomorrow just in case and let you know.

Ralph

Actually there are 4 (four) TCS lights... one green light on the actual switch when TCS is on, one orange one when TCS is turned off above the gas gauge thats labeled "TCS Off" (which is *not* visible in this picture) and one orange TCS light that is labeld "TCS" between the tach and the speedo when TCS is off and TCS detects something "wrong"...(u can also see it when you turn your car on) and another one one the bottom of the tach when TCS kicks in momentarily when it detects wheel spin when TCS is on....

i guess i answered my own question...

[This message has been edited by Electro (edited 11 October 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Electro (edited 11 October 2000).]

Electro,

Interesting. I did look today: turning TCS off simply lights up the orange light that is visible in the picture in my car. Nothing above the gas gauge (I'll need to see what is there tomorrow).

Side note: is there a low fuel light in this car? I've never seen it...

Yes there is a low feul light...let your gas gauge needle drop below the red mark (dont worry you wont run out) and the light will come on..... i usually wait till the light comes on each time and do a fill up at that point.

The "TCS Off" light comes on right next to the low fuel light... when the TCS is turned off.

In that section of the dash there are two amber lights. The far left one is the "anti lock" light and the one to the right of it, the one pictured, is the "TCS" light. Many drivers will disengage the ABS and TCS for spirited driving by lifting the parking brake one click and driving for about 30 sec. This will disable both systems so the driver can modulate the brakes without inducing the ABS and experience a little rear wheelspin as well.
Try it. Your lights will come on too.

All hail NSXTASY - the FAQ GOD!

looks like you know the FAQ better than the auther himself...
smile.gif

-E

Back