• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

White Gen 2 NSX Crash in LA

Just saw this posted on Facebook. Anyone here?

I'm curious to hear about the repairability (or not) of the car. Doesn't look *that* bad, but hard to tell from this one photo.

Be careful in the rain, fellow California drivers!

Reminds me that I need to replace my bald Trofeo R's soon if I am going to drive it in the rain.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 16114036_10154922851078399_2479419384687125976_n.jpg
    16114036_10154922851078399_2479419384687125976_n.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 875
Indeed R compound tire usually have less tread depth than standard road tires..my RA-1's shaved to 8/32's hydroplane at about 65 mph.....worn down to 4/32 and that drops to 50mph....I would love to get followup on the factory repair of this car.

:snif: Hopfully no one was hurt. That looks repairable.

First, I hope ho one was injured

This will be the first one going back to the line in Ohio

As I mentioned previously, the car will go to a separate room where the damaged components will be removed

The repairs will be done on the production floor after hours or on week ends and the car must be returned to original specs

Ouch! Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the frame all one piece? So basically the car would need a whole new frame? Or do they try to repair it at pmc?

No, it's not in one piece, the front and rear sections can be bolt on and off from the main chassis "TUBE" passenger compartment. This where the super strong Ablation casing are used as connection components.

Bram

So it is a 3 section frame?

Yes, however the front and rear rails are connected to the tub or some call it the passenger Cell, via these ablation casing joints. Most newer mid engine cars are built this way, even those like the McLaren 570 which have a Carbon fibre tub, are constructed in this manner.

Bram

Last edited:
Yes, however the front and rear rails are connected to the tube or some call it the passenger Cell, via these ablation casing joints. Most newer mid engine cars are built this way, even those like the McLaren 570 which have a Carbon fibre tube, are constructed in this manner.

Bram

Tube?! Do you mean tub? Can't blame that one on autocorrect. :tongue:

Back