• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who Loves ya Baby- Tubi Exhaust for NSX!

Here you are guys. Pics of the Tubi.
My scanner is crap, so the last two are a bit dark. The first one is a good shot and gives you a good idea of what it looks like. The tips remind me of The gruppeM version 2 in that they curve upward and are close to the valence. He has had the exhuast for over 6 months now and has had no problem with any paint issues... as you can see from the pics. Don't know how that changes for track applications.

View

I have compressed a WMV video clip (just under 1MB) on my wife's computer, but couldn't find my link to Bill's upload page. As for the sound file, I forgot that my MP3 utilities are on my main machine. I'll have to convert the clip and e-mail Bill both files tomorrow. The sound clip will be smaller, but I couldn't really discern a notable difference in sound quality between the video one and the raw WAV file.

Sorry it is taking me so long...very busy with work and am hardly home.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Thanks for the update. I haven't been rushing you since I know how much work you have with the deadline coming up. We appreciate that you are doing this for us.
If you email it to Lud I'm sure he will post it for us. Thanks again

I can't wait to hear it. Do you think it can fit the new 2002 body style. Thank you Akira

I emailed Tino a couple days ago and he is still working on it with Tubi.

Eric is going to post the sound files. If I get a chance this weekend, and he hasn't posted the sounds by then, I will just make a video tape and mail it to Lud.

In case the first attempting at posting this got messed-up, this is a second attempt:

I have been salivating for a while on an aftermarket exhaust and have pretty much the same dilemma on this forum ...., but have yet not seen any info about:

1. Will the Tubi exhaust withstand aftermarket SC (has it been tested on one)?

2. Any Dyno results regarding reliable and validated HP increase?

3. What is the warranty on this and where can it be serviced if there is a product failure/shipping .....

Here is my best guess on those questions since I'm just passing on the info:

1. We will not know about the SC. Since there is only 1 (or a handful) even available in the US, there are no SCed NSXs with a Tubi. That means we will not know until someone with a SC actually buys one.

2. Next time I speak to him, I can ask him if he dynoed the NSX before and after. If not, we're in the same boat as the first answer. We won't know until someone buys one and tests it. However, once the deal is done, I can ask him to see if Tubi has that info.

3. I am sure he will make that info available before anyone does any purchasing.

Since the deal is not done yet, we don't have all this info. I will encourage Tino to register on the forum and answer questions personally, since there is no need for another middle man (me) to slow things down.
This will be once everything is in place, he has a price, warranty info, and everything else. I am sure he can find out everything from Tubi. I just think he wants to wait until he has all the info and is ready to go before officially announcing it and availability.

What I do need to post are the sounds and video which I already have. Hopefully AKIRA3D will be able to post it for us soon (he transfered it to his digital during the monthly meeting). Once I have that segment on another tape, I will send it to Lud.

Awesome Eric. I can't wait.
Thanks again for doing this for everyone. I know how busy you are right now with the deadline almost upon you.

BTW, Andrie will be visiting LA in a couple weeks and we're planning on getting together on a weekend night. I'll let you know the day once it gets closer and if you aren't swamped you should join us. They want to take a trip to Hooters on 3rd St. and see what all the fuss is about.
biggrin.gif

And here they are!

Windows Media Video clip (995KB)

MP3 audio clip (489KB)

Enjoy.

As for Andrie's visit, exactly which weekend? I think I'm now done with weekends and, if that is indeed the case, my weekends are pretty full (making up for lost time) for the rest of the year.

Funny thing is that it would be better for me if you plan your Hooters trip on a weekday (after all, I work less than a block from that Hooters)
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 November 2001).]

The exhaust actually sounds like a cross between the TAITEC GT exhaust and the Spoon NSX exhaust. They all have this unique characteristic of sounding low pitched and high pitched at the same time. I thought the sound was very representitve of how the Japanese aftermarket exhausts sound, but this one seems to capture the same essence, if not a touch louder.

I'll be in SoCal in a week & a half with my NSX, will you guys be holding anything then? I'd love to hear it in person.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Hey, those clips came out pretty darn good. Thanks Eric! Not bad for a mono recording.

Chris,
Are you coming down with Andrie for Pahrump or is this for something else? If you're in LA for that weekend you are welcome to join Andrie and a few of us that night.

Tino doesn't go to the meetings so I don't think it will be available in person. I will send him an email before the upcoming meeting and see if he would like to join us in case there is a small chance. Maybe it will be the weekend you are down. Alex hasn't sent around the date for this month's meeting so I don't know when it is yet?

Sounds pretty good! It would be nice to hear it in person though.

I have some video/sound files of GruppM and Phase. I will try to post it as soon as I get it to downloadable size.

Yes, in fact, I'll be driving up with Andrie from Pahrump. Possibly we can get together for dinner in SoCal. What is a general location/city I should use for planning?

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Damn you!!! After hearing the Tubi now I'm going have to mod my car! That sounds so molto belle! I don't know why Giuseppe doesn't have one on his NSX. I think though we'll need to do something about the rev limiter. You tell it's just about to sounds incredible at the top end.

------------------
hejo
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

hejo, I would really love to have it on mine!
smile.gif

I will ask my garage in Italy about pricing of the Tubi exhaust there... maybe it is time to swap my Remus. From german sound to italian? Afterall the McLaren Mercedes era in F1 is finished... I should adapt too!
wink.gif

I've already been in touch with Andrire about hooking up that weekend. We were thinking of going down to 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica and maybe to Hooters for dinner. He has a friend he is staying with in LA, but I'm not sure where that is. Once I speak to Andrie again in a week or so and we make concrete plans on day and time, I will make sure to pass that info on to you if he doesn't. It would be great to meet you and some others from up North.

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
I will ask my garage in Italy about pricing of the Tubi exhaust there... maybe it is time to swap my Remus.

Hey Giuseppe, don't forget to ask for a groupe price. If you buy one ... I would need one too !
smile.gif

David

David,
of course you'll need it!!! :)

Anyway, I looked everywhere (also in the italian yellow pages) in order to find a phone number but I did not find anything... so through the webpage (http://www.tubistyle.it/) I let them a contact message. It is four days now and no answer received... italians!
wink.gif

Ok, they wrote me! And guess what? The official reseller is 10km away from my parents house (http://www.loriskesselauto.ch) and it is also the garage whose owner sold me his personal red '91 I totaled in March!
frown.gif

I phoned and they will update me with a price later today!
smile.gif

Ok, it seems a monologue (...three post in a row
wink.gif
) but I got the call from the garage: he told me that the price is 3400.- Swiss francs that corresponds to about 210 US$!That's too much for my pocket right now since I have other plans, like painting the roof and the front black lip in silver and going in Egypt for holidays in December - I know, I really dare too much!
wink.gif

Delivery time "they say two weeks, but italian weeks, I would say in six weeks it could be there..." was the quote of the dealer!
smile.gif

He also said it was quite cheap... in relationship to the Ferrari models they usually oreder! Aren't we lucky?

Back