• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who put deposit on Z06 after not getting Type S ?

I'm glad that I put deposit on one before GM announced what kind of rocket they build. I know that the quality is not even close to NC1, but for the money it's hard to beat. I think that they achieved what NSX was in 91. Faster car for 1/2 of the price of competition.

I would have....amazing sounding motor...

what makes you think the quality is far off from NC1?

IIRC, someone posted transmission issues with the C8 generally. It's becoming a thing like the snap ring. Who knows if it will bleed over to the Z06.

That engine is amazing- probably one of the last ICE greats we will ever see.

IIRC, someone posted transmission issues with the C8 generally. It's becoming a thing like the snap ring. Who knows if it will bleed over to the Z06.

That engine is amazing- probably one of the last ICE greats we will ever see.

A “someone” doing that is Emilia Hartford, and she’s aiming for 8’s with her Stingray. She’s breaking stuff to break records.

The interiors are pretty much GM quality +1 (ie a bit better than usual, but not Honda good), IMO.

Even so, for the base price of either the Stingray or Z06, an astonishing value. Just like any other car, I would not pay above market for one, though.

I love how Chevy built such an amazing car people want to see this fail. From what I have seen the new Vette is every bit as nice as the NC1.

It’s a new platform it’s going to have issues. One thing I know is Chevy is not going to leave its customers out to dry and will address the issues immediately. It’s not even all that common from what I understand. People want to hate on it but secretly they know it’s a better car. Because of this they will sell a ton and it won’t be all that rare. It’s a budget supercar that really doses not make many if any sacrifices.

Have seen quite a few NSXPrime members (former NA1/NA2 owners) posting over in the C8 Z06 section at CorvetteForum, so the Z06 by itself generated quite a bit of interest.

Can't tell if any of them were interested in the NC1 Type-S since those folks have not been active on Prime for many years (10-15+ years for some).

I personally have had no interest on the NC1, but I have been on a list for a C8 Z06 for a while.

my neighbor has an c8 convertible and it is quite nice for about $90k.. however, the wait list is quite long, probably over 12 month wait. As for the nice z06, it is already sold out.

what makes you think the quality is far off from NC1?

Just fit and finish is far from NC1. Than there are leaking transmissions ... The Z06 should have better clutches and better oiling for the transmissions. My son works for GM and told me that I should find a good dealer to work on it . You can't just take one module from one car and put it to another. I don't get any inside info from him, but he always let me know what leaked to the public. When he had preproduction C7 ZR1 one week for testing he didn't let me drive it !!! There will be always NSX in my garage.

Was the NSX a faster car at half the price? After dealer mark up they were selling for over $100k+ in 1991 it wasn’t cheap. It was reliable something the Italians couldn’t do at the time and really to this day can’t. I guess today they have gotten better.

In 91 Chevy had the ZR1 at $65k (I don’t remember what it was marked up to) but it came with a 5.7 V8 and 375Hp factory. (It was no slouch) car ran low 13s. Now it didn’t have the fit and finish the NSX had but it’s was substantially cheaper and produced very good performance numbers especially for it’s time.

I guess the NSX was $3k cheaper if you go by MSRP

Dodge had the Viper RT back then to but that thing was junk. Fast junk. But still junk.

Last edited:
I've had a number of NSX's and on my 2nd Corvette C8 (2020 coupe, now 2021 HTC). Its a fantastic car and yes I have a Z06 deposit in with one of Canada's largest dealers.

But an ideal garage is a NSX and C8.

I am adding a C8 for sure to my collection. Waiting on the rest of the line ups to come out so I can decide between a Z06 or something higher.

Oh and will give it a couple of years to work out the usual bugs in most new performance cars.

Z06 powerplant with a flat plane crank + positive displacement blower would be music to the ears.

I’m Definitely waiting. I don’t ever really buy new cars anyway. Dealer mark up, and depreciation make buying new silly. I will wait find a nice lightly used one at a massive discount after the hype dies off of or something better comes out. I definitely want the ZO6 I would like to see if they come out with a more aggressive aero package and how they hold up before I buy. Especially with a completely new platform.

I’m Definitely waiting. I don’t ever really buy new cars anyway. Dealer mark up, and depreciation make buying new silly. I will wait find a nice lightly used one at a massive discount after the hype dies off of or something better comes out. I definitely want the ZO6 I would like to see if they come out with a more aggressive aero package and how they hold up before I buy. Especially with a completely new platform.

I will make a hard pass on the z07 package.

thought of curbing carbon wheels make me cringe.

Also the wing needs to be MASSIVE IMHO. Go big or go home.

I've had a number of NSX's and on my 2nd Corvette C8 (2020 coupe, now 2021 HTC). Its a fantastic car and yes I have a Z06 deposit in with one of Canada's largest dealers.

But an ideal garage is a NSX and C8.

I hadn't even thought about it, but my wife's 718 goes out of warranty in 2024 and she will likely want another car before that happens. A C8 convertible might do the trick. And like JetPilot3 says, "..an ideal garage is a NSX and C8".

After a nearly a year long wait, I take delivery of my C8 in about 10 days. It was built on 3/11, just waiting for it to make its way up north. I am also on two Z06 waitlists. It will be nice to be back in a 2 seater mid engine car after selling my NSX 15 years ago after my 2nd child was born. The NSX Gen 2 was never of any real interest to me, especially at that price and IMO never should have been called an NSX. Chevy finally built what the NSX 2.0 should have been and upped that ante massively with the Z06. I had zero interest in a Corvette either until the C8. FWIW this will be my first American car since my 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. I've been hanging out with various German cars with back seats since I sold the NSX. Can't believe my kids are old enough to drive now, holy crap.

And looks like I need to update my avatar, been a while since I've primed :D

My Invitation (1).jpg

Last edited:
Ha I remember when we were all helping you decide an a sporty family car...The C8 is a very stylized car..and really performs well with just the base engine..

Ha I remember when we were all helping you decide an a sporty family car...The C8 is a very stylized car..and really performs well with just the base engine..

Good to hear from you doc :). Been a while. I am still in touch weekly, if not daily, with so many old timers from this group. The Corvette forum definitely doesn't have what we did here back in the 90s. One of the things that turned me off about Corvettes in fact was the stereotype of an owner. My wife and I often wonder what happened to I'm making my Acura a Honda Miled and Brooklands Green Rich.

Last edited:
Afaik Miled is still loving his sebring and doing whatever he does...:biggrin: green rich dropped off mu radar..

Back