• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whoa... Reserve not yet met!!!

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
This time, instead of using a reserve, he set the starting bid high ($45,500) - probably at the point where he had the reserve last time, I bet.

Yes I see that. I thought Ebay was for AUCTIONS. Why don't these people just list the car or what ever item for sale if they are not willing to take a chance. After all that is what an AUCTION is all about. The buyer and the seller both are taking a chance!

Setting a minimum starting bid (or a reserve) doesn't mean that that is the ultimate selling price. It's still an auction, and could get bidded up to sell for more than that, or not sell at all. That's just like any other auction.

Setting a "buy it now" price that's the same as the minimum opening bid, OTOH, is what you're referring to - putting the time up for sale, not for auction (since it establishes a price that the item will either sell for, or not sell). He didn't do that with this car.

Back