• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why are the hi-flo cats for the NSX sooo expensive??

almost $800 for both?? whaaaaaaat??? is it some speical hi-flo cat or can the $150 one i already have work? -E

I think you need to ask yourself why everything for the NSX is so damn expensive!! I guess the premise is, if you can afford the car then you should be able to afford/justify the maintenance/upgrades. I personally don't believe this.

I like to go fast, real fast (0-100 fast that is). When I bought my 94 I thought I would be happy with the speed; I'm not. After looking in the after-market world for speed parts (like most car nuts do), I discover that $10k is going to give me roughly 90 more wheels horsepower. Can you say rip-off???? I don't care how rich you are, that kind of cash should give better results IMO. Even then, a turbo Supra with minimal mods is going to waste me. I don't track my car so all the wonders that are built into this car I need to experience on the street, and when I'm watching the tail lights of someone's car pulling away from me, I sometimes get pissed.

I will take nothing away from this car. It's by far the best car I've ever owned. Badass looks, handling like a go-kart, quality up the wazoo, technology and a pride in ownership that towers miles above the likes of 300 ZXTT, RX-7 TT, Suptra TT, etc. But damnit Scotty, I need more power!!!!

I can't wait for the revised 2002-2003 model. If they keep the cost under $60 and the horse power around 400. I think an upgrade will be in order.

TitaniumVtec

I totally agree with you about the costs of the mods for the NSX. 700 bills for a comptech intake! 8000 for brakes! 10000 for the supercharger! DAMN!

I think alot also has to do with the demand of the products. I mean 10,000 civics are sold a day but there are only 400 or so NSX's sold a year. So I'm assuming the demand isn't that great for DC headers for the NSX verus the Integra or Civic SI, you know what I'm saying?

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 10 August 2000).]

So I'm assuming the demand isn't that great for DC headers for the NSX verus the Integra or Civic SI

True. Another implication of this is that any development costs can only be amortized over a relatively small number of products sold.

Titanium, u mean for the very short amount of time it acutally *sits* in the driveway... other than when it's being washed or gawked at... i hope u have a garage for that badboy! -E

Electro,
You are right! My car is in the garage M-F and I only cruise it on the weekends. Want to preserve the awesome sensation I get when I climb into it after work Friday night to go for a pre-weekend spin.

Come to think of it, I do wash that thing a lot. Car looks sad when it has dirt on it. ha, ha

TitaniumVtec

Back