• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why does my account keep getting deleted?

Hi all,

Seems like my account was deleted or removed as well as all my posts. I had previously asked about a money service that can help me facilitate a deal to purchase a car in the States. Since I can't go over the border. But now there is no trace of it and I had to recreate my account.

Any help is appreciated with the money service or if someone knows anyone looking the sell their gen 1 NSX in Canada, I'd be willing to stay local.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Bram.

I'm in the market for 91-92 NSX 5spd, preference would be for stock and no colour preference. I have reached out to a seller on the forum but of course the member is in the US. So if I can deal locally in Canada that would be better. I hope this account sticks and doesn't get deleted.

Ok, right now there is not much available for sale in Canada. In the US, you have a wider selection, however, in the current environment you cannot see the car and you have to take the word of the Seller as being 100% true. Getting a PPI is important before any sale.
Lastly, you must consider the cost of importation:
- Exchange rate ~ 34-35 %
- Duties 6.1% Plus HST
- Transport
- Other Taxes and inspections

When you add all these cost up, it can cost quite a bit.

The most important aspect of buying in the US and importing the car into Canada, is you have little or no cost effective recourse if you have a major issue with the car....like a washed salvage title.

Bram

Ok, right now there is not much available for sale in Canada. In the US, you have a wider selection, however, in the current environment you cannot see the car and you have to take the word of the Seller as being 100% true. Getting a PPI is important before any sale.
Lastly, you must consider the cost of importation:
- Exchange rate ~ 34-35 %
- Duties 6.1% Plus HST
- Transport
- Other Taxes and inspections

When you add all these cost up, it can cost quite a bit.

The most important aspect of buying in the US and importing the car into Canada, is you have little or no cost effective recourse if you have a major issue with the car....like a washed salvage title.

Bram

Thank you for all the help Bram, it's very much appreciated. Yes we are unfortunately living in a time were I can't see the car. This is something I'm doing for my Dad and he seems intent on acquiring one. Please excuse my lack of knowledge but what's PPI abbreviated for? I'm just not familiar and I'm new to buying a car from the US so all the help is very much appreciated.

If I do go through with the sale I was planning on using TFX international to transport and help me with all the border stuff, is there someplace else that I should look at?

There is a low km 91 at Bathurst Honda in N.B. Not cheap however. Neither is all the stuff Bram mentioned when importing from the US.

Appreciate the heads up! That is still more expensive than shipping one over from the US even factoring all the extra costs. But the KM's real low

Back