• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why I love plasti dip!

looks great....would love to see you do white next time....btw, where are the caps?

The plasti dip looks amazing on both cars, how are you guys doing the dip? Paint with desire color than apply metalizer? Please share with us your steps, thinking of doing my wheels.

If you've never worked with plasti dip this stuff is amazing! It's a simple process. Rusted nails just painted 3 coats over his black wheels and 3 coats of gloss and done. I did 4 coats of white (30 minute wait between coats, first coat very light) then waited an hour and did 2 coats of the gloss plasti dip (called glossifier) and that was it. For the prep work, i removed the wheels off the car to make it easier to paint, cleaned the wheels really good with simple green, waited until they were completely dry, put some plastic bags inside the rim to keep the overspray off my garage floor, used index cards around the rim to keep from spraying the tires and then went to work with the spray cans, it really is that simple.

Last edited:
Can you post some close up shots? Macros if possible.

Plastidip looks good from afar, but I have yet to see a job without that cheap finish up close.

Exposed exhaust looks really nice, I am always suprised more people don't go this route when installing high dollar mufflers......:cool:

I've seen at least 5 including Henry's, mine & Rusted nailz, the other 2 are in here somewhere, can't find them right now.. See mine on post #1923 on link below, these are after market spats & not cut from original Valence.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/168672-Post-your-most-recent-picture-of-your-NSX/page77

BTW that mag blue is Dope!!!

Here is mine. It was difficult to remove the lug holes and the wheels being mesh also made it tough because it was hard to get a good amount inside the mesh. It is a cheap way to change the look

there was a car show here today in Temecula and there was a guy there who does plasti dipping whole cars...he had like 3-4 of them there....Colors were great, but it had a bit of a texture to it..not smooth as new paint for sure, but for the price and the temporary fun factor of a color change had me thinking....I've been lusting over the white car with white rims look of the Type R for some time now...dude said he could do car(leave the roof black) and rims for $600...hmmmm, might have to do it....

Don't do it Mark. I got some clear dip and sprayed 3 coats of it in the "Clear Bra" area of the front of the car to try to keep the front clean on long drive. It was so hard/PITA to take it off I had to buy the special $$ spray they sell to remove it all as it would not peel off by hand. It sucked to be me. I would never use that stuff ever again. If you do it, I still have some left over spray you can have it. Wrap it instead.

I did the Plati-Dip and turned my Grand Prix White NSX to a bright (almost safety cone) orange. The best part was that when I wanted it off....I just peeled it off. I still have some lime green that I am thinking of doing. Already bought the color, but have not put it on yet.

I did the Plati-Dip and turned my Grand Prix White NSX to a bright (almost safety cone) orange. The best part was that when I wanted it off....I just peeled it off. I still have some lime green that I am thinking of doing. Already bought the color, but have not put it on yet.

brb, using imagination since no pics

Maybe the Clear was different. It broke up to tiny pieces as I was trying to peel it.

You said you put 3 coats on, I have found (as many have) that 5-6 coats is the minimum - it's cheap so who cares how much you use. I have gotten the best results with 8-9 coats, eels right off if you want it to and it's also more durable if you stuff it.

brb, using imagination since no pics

Here are a couple of pictures. The one at night where the car looks like it is glowing....ummm....that is really how it looked. No photo tricks or anything. The car seriously looked like it was glowing in the dark. It was unreal.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the way it should come off if you apply it properly, with a THICK coat of material.

Does anyone have a color comparison of the plastidipped white vs Grand Prix White or Championship White?

Here are a couple of pictures. The one at night where the car looks like it is glowing....ummm....that is really how it looked. No photo tricks or anything. The car seriously looked like it was glowing in the dark. It was unreal.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the way it should come off if you apply it properly, with a THICK coat of material.

Nice!

It's like a traffic cone on wheels....really nice wheels:biggrin:

You read my mind. Looks very cool. It's like putting some different make up on your model girlfriend.

Stop, NO, Don't! You are about to spray paint an icon, a legend, and a classic. Please keep trips to autozone to a minimum.:smile: Even spray painting wheels. I have been there, done that. Looks great on a cloudy day. Then when the sun shines it looks like a pile of crap. Don't make the same mistake I did....

Thank you. I called it 'Traffic Cone Orange' and also called it my 'Cream-Cicle'. :)

The wheels are essentially one of a kind here now. There were (2) sets sold in the Time Attack color scheme that were NSX specific fitments, and the other guy's car was stolen. So mine are the only ones around that I am aware of.

Back