• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why is Acura Canada not offering extended warranty or CPO for the NSX?

In my search for the NC1, I have come across multiple 2017s where the warranty is about to expire.

I have asked them to CPO the car to qualify for extended warranty and lower rates but almost all dealers say that Acura Canada does not CPO the NSX and there is no extended warranty offered on it.

I am baffled as to why Acura Canada will be hesitant to offer extended warranty on their halo car when firstly, it should match what Acura US is doing where they are offering extended warranty. Secondly, if I can get an extended warranty via CPO on a 4 year old ILX, why can't they offer extended on their most premium product?

Anyone has any idea?

Same here in Europe. You can't get an extended FACTORY warranty but might be able to find a different supplier.
Over here, it's like a 'sell it and forget it'-car.
I've also asked a dealer how long they'll offer servicing for the car but didn't get a satisfying response.

Same here in Europe. You can't get an extended FACTORY warranty but might be able to find a different supplier.
Over here, it's like a 'sell it and forget it'-car.
I've also asked a dealer how long they'll offer servicing for the car but didn't get a satisfying response.

Yes, I fear that is what's transpiring in Canada as well. Sell it and forget it. Just going to damage the resale value of the NC1 imo.

Only thing I can imagine is that Acura doesn't want to be on the hook for unknown repair costs on their most expensive product.

Maybe Acura US is able to offer an extended option because the NSX factory is in Ohio? Maybe it's too much of a hassle to ship it from Canada / boarder fees / customs. Pulling at straws, would expect it to be the same for all countries. Odd.

Lucas

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I am baffled as to why Acura Canada will be hesitant to offer extended warranty on their halo car when firstly, it should match what Acura US is doing where they are offering extended warranty. Secondly, if I can get an extended warranty via CPO on a 4 year old ILX, why can't they offer extended on their most premium product?

Anyone has any idea?

This is one of the main reason(s) the NC1 sales and used car prices are in the dumps.....if the Manufacture is not willing to back this product with a CPO warranty, then you really have to wonder eh!

Good Luck.

Bram

weird .....on a new car....:confused:

they probably expect people who has and is willing to spend that kind of premium money on an NSX will also be willing to spend premium amount of money on its repairing/ maintenance.

Such an approach just sheds a bad light on the brand. They spend so much on R&D on this thing but no concrete planning for the appropriate marketing and after sales support.

This point is even more amplified as all high end competitors are providing extended warranties now from Ferrari, Porsche to even McLaren. Audi has been providing extended warranty for the R8 since it was launched.

Learn from this, Acura Canada!

Is it a viable option to import an US car and buy the extended warranty from Acura America, cross border for all warranty repair?

It’s not ideal but I think their dealers would honour the warranty if it’s US spec car with US based extended warranty. Granted it’s quite a hassle if extended diagnostic is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping mine past warranty. Delightful so far. Bit of longing for a new turbo s but poor value high depreciation and deafening chop on our winter roads.

Back