• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why no high flow cats for the NSX?

Just had a discussion with my M3 friend about cats. He has high flow cats on his car and claims there is a measurable difference.

Why doesn't anybody sell a high flow cat for the NSX? Because removing the cats doesn't increase horsepower in the NSX? If this is the case, why does it make no difference in the NSX when it does in so many other cars? Does the NSX already come stock with high flow cats? What is different about the NSX engine that yields no gains?

You can get Random Hi-Flow cats from Dali-Racing for the NSX. I talked to a couple of different places about Hi-Flow cats and they said the actual gain vs a normal cat is VERY low. Probably not worth the money. You are talking about 2-5HP for nearly $600 bucks.

NetViper said:
You can get Random Hi-Flow cats from Dali-Racing for the NSX. I talked to a couple of different places about Hi-Flow cats and they said the actual gain vs a normal cat is VERY low. Probably not worth the money. You are talking about 2-5HP for nearly $600 bucks.

The gains are that low even on your supercharged car? I have a friend with a Z06 who claims he can pick up 50hp by removing the cats. Does anyone know why the NSX doesn't benefit from no cats?

gobble said:
The gains are that low even on your supercharged car? I have a friend with a Z06 who claims he can pick up 50hp by removing the cats. Does anyone know why the NSX doesn't benefit from no cats?

I think that is totally BS. I am acutally going to put the stock cats back on because the car is too damn loud with the test pipes. Even then, I am probably only losing 5-7HP on the high end, but I will probably pick up a little more TQ.

I took my cats out the other night to do some air/fuel testing on the dyno tonight. I agree that the car is way too loud without the cats. They will go back on the car Friday night.

Back