• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why the second Generation NSX is a phenomenal car...

FYI Adventure - Stuntman's a pro. He's too much of a pro to tell you that fact, but it might be helpful to know.

Driving south on laurel canyon at Mulholland today saw a stunning white new NSX heading my way..Put my arm out the window but this beautiful blonde was all over him.. I think he saw me.. man he looked happy..

Attachments

• DA54374B-2980-46C5-8F98-9C20F1E58112.jpg
    DA54374B-2980-46C5-8F98-9C20F1E58112.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 352
That's my car.

Not a matte black wrap.

It's Xpel Stealth over top of Berlina. Looks different than matte. A bit more shiny.

Either way, compliments the car nicely.

If you go to the beginning of the Ferrarichat website, it's pretty good reading. Comments from experienced supercar/Ferrari owners describing the NSX without real bias. The thread starts of with skepticism born from bad press, but as these guys start to drive the car, they all come to find how amazing and unique the car is. Many bought one after driving it. I started reading and couldn't stop! Anyway, a good informative read if you have time.......

I went to the Long Beach Grand Prix last weekend, and parked my NSX in the exotic car lot. Over 300 exotics, mine was the only NSX.

I had several serial Fcar owners come over to look and ask about my car. Two of them were complaining about the maintenance costs and frequency of issues with their Fcars. Both said an NSX would be their next car.

Supercar performance, exotic looks and Honda reliability. What's not to like?????

That's my car.

Not a matte black wrap.

It's Xpel Stealth over top of Berlina. Looks different than matte. A bit more shiny.

Thanks for the clarification and products used to achieve the look.

Welcome and congratulations on the car.

What else is in the garage with the NSX?

That's my car.

Not a matte black wrap.

I've actually been waiting for someone to do that, I love how that looks and pictures absolutely do not do it justice. Any plans to tint taillights and such?

First post and a new NSX. Think I was a member here back in the 90s but I don’t remember or can’t find any details. I had a 1992 white/black. Nice car. Coming from the Ferrari world and recently picked up 2017 NSX. Just getting to know it and so far it’s pretty awesome.

Last edited:
First post and a new NSX. Think I was a member here back in the 90s but I don’t remember or can find any details. I had a 1992 white/black. Nice car. Coming from the Ferrari world and recently picked up 2017 NSX. Just getting to know it and so far it’s pretty awesome.

Congrats. Join the NSXCA and the 2nd Gen Owners page on FB.

First post and a new NSX. Think I was a member here back in the 90s but I don’t remember or can find any details. I had a 1992 white/black. Nice car. Coming from the Ferrari world and recently picked up 2017 NSX. Just getting to know it and so far it’s pretty awesome.
Congratulations and welcome back!

Congrats.

What are the details of your NSX? Which Fcar are you coming from?

Are you in San Diego or South Dakota? If in San Diego, hit me up. We'll get the NSX's together.

Congrats.

What are the details of your NSX? Which Fcar are you coming from?

Are you in San Diego or South Dakota? If in San Diego, hit me up. We'll get the NSX's together.
Got a black/black. Pretty well loaded up with carbon but no wing. Big thing is full leather seats. Pretty rare and that pointed me to this car.

Had a 360F1 a while ago then went full in with a 360C. Dedicated track fun. Incredible. Lots of time, money, planning, etc and I was ready for a street car. NSX fit the bill over another Fcar. I’m active over on fchat also.

Maryland / South Dakota. Not on FB either... just these boards.

Just back from a drive... Wow, fun car.

fwiw, my comments are from tracking all discussed cars extensively, often back to back, and living with many of them.

At the end of the day, most owners can't get within a few seconds of the capability of any of these cars, and a good portion couldn't get within 10 seconds of the car's limit. So lap times shouldn't be the deciding factor for someone to buy a car unless its for bragging rights. Same thing for 0-60 figures or 100-140, unless you need to beat your buddy 100-140. Cars are so good these days that people should buy what they like and not care about what other people think.

Hear hear. Bit surprise to read this after your initial response to the OP which seemed quite critical of the NSX. But agreed 100%.
I've read stories of trackday instructors embarrassing students driving cars costing 5x more.

My own personal bias is that 99% of the sports car owners at-large probably can't get within 50-60% of their car's true max potential. IMO, many people are WAY too overconfident and from the little bit of reports/posts/youtube I've seen...cars these days, as you said, are incredibly amazing and way way more capable than the overwhelming majority of drivers' skills.

The NSX certainly provokes lot of high emotions. I've defended the NSX a bit on reddit and was torn to pieces by many people saying just how slow and crappy the NSX is and how literally every other car in its segment is way better (R8, 911 Turbo S, 570S, etc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Johnson_(racing_driver) and we are lucky to have his involvement with prime as well as the nsxca were he has been very open at races with our club members.He loves the nsx as do we all.

:eek:

That's awesome to hear.

As I am a newbie here, I was reading his response initially and I thought to myself: "Why would someone who sound so critical of the NSX have so many posts on this forum?!"

he thinks critically...

Hear hear. Bit surprise to read this after your initial response to the OP which seemed quite critical of the NSX. But agreed 100%.
I've read stories of trackday instructors embarrassing students driving cars costing 5x more.

My own personal bias is that 99% of the sports car owners at-large probably can't get within 50-60% of their car's true max potential. IMO, many people are WAY too overconfident and from the little bit of reports/posts/youtube I've seen...cars these days, as you said, are incredibly amazing and way way more capable than the overwhelming majority of drivers' skills.

The NSX certainly provokes lot of high emotions. I've defended the NSX a bit on reddit and was torn to pieces by many people saying just how slow and crappy the NSX is and how literally every other car in its segment is way better (R8, 911 Turbo S, 570S, etc.)

:eek:

That's awesome to hear.

As I am a newbie here, I was reading his response initially and I thought to myself: "Why would someone who sound so critical of the NSX have so many posts on this forum?!"
Where am I being critical of the NSX? I simply corrected the OP (from first hand experience) when he claimed thr NSX was faster than certain cars on track.

Theirs a difference from being able to drive car X faster than car Y, and car X actually being faster than car Y.

I know a few of the engineers and test drivers who worked on the new NSX. They did an incredible job with the systems integration of the car. There's a lot of tech and fancy features that at the end of the day, are marketed as making the car faster, but at the end of the day, it's not faster than an old school FR, manual Mustang GT350R around a racetrack. Those are facts, not criticisms.

This forum existed well before the new NSX came out ��

Certainly I don't dispute facts and from your experience and known factors it appears the NSX is a slower track car than others.

My meaning wasn't intended to dispute those, but from my past experiences, whenever someone had praise or love for the NSX, many people will immediately bring up several things to counter why the NSX is an inferior car to many others ... one of the top included pure performance numbers such as track times, 0-60/100, weight, etc. etc.

Was simply my own interpretation based upon my newness to this forum as well as my own experiences from past online experiences from people immediately jumping in to cite many factors (track times being a big one) as part of their argument on why NSX is not a good car/value proposition compared to others.

Bench racers will always bench race. It comes with the territory of egos, cars, and wanting to one-up another person. I guess it's not that different than sports teams.

Also, most magazine tests are useless due to their poor test procedures and methods. So most should be taken with a grain of salt.

As we both agree, these cars are far faster than most people are capable of. So if arbitrary performance numbers of what someone else did in a car is what matters to you, buy accordingly. Otherwise, people should buy what they want and enjoy it. :)

Thanks for the clarification and products used to achieve the look.

Welcome and congratulations on the car.

What else is in the garage with the NSX?

My wife is on the FB owners group. We have a 997.1 TT 6spd, and a 2014 E63 AMG Wagon.

NSX by far fav car to drive so far. Comfy like the wagon but goes like snot. Love it so far. Will see if I get bored (man I hope not).

I've actually been waiting for someone to do that, I love how that looks and pictures absolutely do not do it justice. Any plans to tint taillights and such?

Thanks. Will have to take some pics in sunlight. NO plans to touch the lights as law enforcement is rather strict around here and it would probably raise flags.

Bench racers will always bench race. It comes with the territory of egos, cars, and wanting to one-up another person. I guess it's not that different than sports teams.

Also, most magazine tests are useless due to their poor test procedures and methods. So most should be taken with a grain of salt.

As we both agree, these cars are far faster than most people are capable of. So if arbitrary performance numbers of what someone else did in a car is what matters to you, buy accordingly. Otherwise, people should buy what they want and enjoy it. :)

Agreed!!! :cool:

I'm in a very fortunate situation where in about 3-4 years I could financially consider a 2nd gen NSX and I'm hoping by that time the prices will be below 6 figures!! :biggrin:

I truly think the 2nd gen NSX is underrated and under-appreciated in many people's eyes.

Might be sooner than that ;)

Their loss is your gain. It's a great road car, and one of the first affordable and fun hybrids, but there will be more and more hybrid sports cars in the coming years.

Back