• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

will 18x9 fit up front if it has a 41 offset..

a friend of mine has a set of work meisters that are 18x9 and 18x10 and the front have an offset of 41. will the front wheels fit? if not, why? because of inner clearance or outer clearance?

thanks much

It's not a wheel clearance issue; it's a tire clearance issue.

215/35-18 is about as big a tire as you can put on the front of the NSX and be pretty sure it won't rub. Any bigger size tire has a good chance of rubbing.

The problem is, 215/35-18 tires are usually only approved for mounting on wheels that are 7.0-8.5 inches wide. So 18x9 is too wide for a 215/35-18 tire.

The wheel is too wide and with that offset it will extend past the fender. Basically, no, a 18x9 won't fit the front

It's not a wheel clearance issue; it's a tire clearance issue.

215/35-18 is about as big a tire as you can put on the front of the NSX and be pretty sure it won't rub. Any bigger size tire has a good chance of rubbing.

The problem is, 215/35-18 tires are usually only approved for mounting on wheels that are 7.0-8.5 inches wide. So 18x9 is too wide for a 215/35-18 tire.

i bought my nsx with an 18/19 combo and the front tire is currently a 225/35/18.... couldnt I use the same tire size as whats currently on there?

I guess you could swap the rim of the front to 7.5 inch wide while maintaining the same spoke if the wheel is two or three piece.

ok, so my other option is an 18x7.5 with a 45 offset.. how will that fit? and will it sit too far in from the fender

I think that size should be okay. I have 18x8 with offset +47 and it is almost flush to the fender. Go for the spec given 18x7.5 +45. The tire would be wide enough to cover the lip from curb.

ok, so my other option is an 18x7.5 with a 45 offset.. how will that fit? and will it sit too far in from the fender

i bought my nsx with an 18/19 combo and the front tire is currently a 225/35/18.... couldnt I use the same tire size as whats currently on there?
Many people have experienced rubbing with that size. Some don't. While not a certainty, it's a significant risk. 225/35-18 is also more likely to cause problems with the TCS, primarily on '91-93 cars.

Many people have experienced rubbing with that size. Some don't. While not a certainty, it's a significant risk. 225/35-18 is also more likely to cause problems with the TCS, primarily on '91-93 cars.

Not to mention it looks funny because the front tire has more sidewall than the rear tires

I think that size should be okay. I have 18x8 with offset +47 and it is almost flush to the fender. Go for the spec given 18x7.5 +45. The tire would be wide enough to cover the lip from curb.

The picture below is an 18x7.5 +30 offset (front). If you want a 18x7.5 +45, imagine this picture with the wheel retracted into the body by ~15 mm.

For the 18x8 +47, you would retract into the body from this picture ~11 mm.
IMG_05121.jpg

The best tire size for a 18x7.5" wheel is on the NSX is 215/35/18 and it's pretty well squared off as you can see in the picture above. On an 8" wheel the tire is stretched, but it still is the best size diameter wise for the NSX.

Back