• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will the header from a '97 NSX fit a '95 with no modifications?

Will the header from a '97 NSX fit a '95 with no modifications? My friend with a '97 just upgrade to a comptech header so he gave me his stock header. Will it bolt on to my '95 with NO other modifications? Will all the O2 sensors hookup perfectly? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

I have never tried doing what you are suggesting, but on Comtech's site they show the same headers for '95-'99 NSX's so I would think they must be the same.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by RyRy210:
Will the header from a '97 NSX fit a '95 with no modifications? My friend with a '97 just upgrade to a comptech header so he gave me his stock header. Will it bolt on to my '95 with NO other modifications? Will all the O2 sensors hookup perfectly? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

No

I'm not sure about the '95, but I know you need a newer style exhaust to fit the newer stock "header" design. the exit points to the exhaust are different.

I personally don't know all of the details but I considered doing the same thing on my '96 before I got my '97. Mark B. told me it was more than a simple swap of the headers. You'd have to ask someone more mechanically inclined than myself to find out more.

Originally posted by SCS2k:
I personally don't know all of the details but I considered doing the same thing on my '96 before I got my '97. Mark B. told me it was more than a simple swap of the headers. You'd have to ask someone more mechanically inclined than myself to find out more.

This is where I'm confused. I also asked Mark basch months ago and thats exactly what he told me too. However, awhile back Comptech was selling a set of OEM headers from a '01 NSX and they told me it would fit a '95-'02 NSX, but to make it fit a '91 - '94 custom pipes has to be made. I was hoping someone on the forum can solve this conflict.

Back