• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Willow Springs.....Here we come!!!!!!! Nov 3rd&4th

You are invited to attend the Open Track Event and Race at Willow Springs Raceway in Rosamund, California on NOVEMBER 3rd. & 4th., located north of Lancaster. This event allows you to run your car at speed on a road racing course. All makes & models of automobiles are eligible(NSX prefered) as long as they meet technical inspection. This event is ideal for the beginner(instructors furnished) and the more experienced driver who wants to improve his or her driving skills. The atmosphere is relaxed with emphasis on having fun. Entry fee(SAME GROUP ONLY!!!) for the 2 DAY event is $175 before Sept. 26th for driver #1(driver #2 add an additional $25), $190 before Oct. 19th for driver #1(driver #2 add an additional $25), After Oct. 19th $210 for driver #1(driver #2 add an additional $35)

Group preferences are:
RED-- Extensive track experience. Five point roll bar required. Driving school, racing license or passing experience required.

BLUE-- Driving shcool, some track experience, and limited passing experience required.

YELLOW--Some track experience and limited passing a plus.

GREEN--Novice to some track experience, Novices MUST attend Driving School at first session.
Please be honest when determining your skill as this is a GROUP event. We will be put into groups, so if you want to be with a friend, same group catagory please.

$15 will be charged for all cars teched at the track, get teched in advance.

Requirements
Mandatory drivers meeting at 8am sharp!

HELMETS-1985 Snell or later. Open car drivers must wear goggles/face sheild

SEAT BELTS-Good working condition, 5pt. preferred

NO OPEN WHEELED CARS
CONVERTABLES/ROADSTERS-Must have roll bars

FIRE EXTINGUISHERS-must be securely mounted in the cockpit with a metal bracket

CAR-Must pass tech inspection
DRIVER-Must be 18 years of age and hold a valid drvers license

TECH INSPECTION-Cars MUST PASS tech inspection or have a signed tech inspection
sheet in order to run the event.
These rules and regs were copied from the sign up sheet.
Questions and comments?

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 22 August 2001).]

This event is being organized jointly by the members of the NSX Prime Website forums.The NSX Prime Website, and it's moderators, administrators, Owners or officers have not in any way contributed to the organization or coordination of this event. I/WE assume all responsibility and risk associated with any and all activity, drive, course or gathering that I/WE participate in, and assume all responsibility, liability and capability to perform any and all activity or effort related to and/or associated with the Willow Springs Event. I/WE expressly acknowledge that I/WE shall be engaging in potentially dangerous driving activities, and that, although we will make all efforts to ensure that proper safety procedures are practiced, NSXPrime and its members cannot and will not be responsible for the actions and non-actions of third parties, and cannot and will not be liable for the actions or non-actions of the undersigned(s).
I/WE acknowledge and agree that the terms outlined herein are contractual, and agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, whether or not said activities, courses, or gatherings occur in California, and that the venue shall be in Los Angeles County,California.(For LUD)

If you have any questions regarding this event please direct all correspondence to [email protected]

Count me in. I missed the last NASA event at Willow so I'm looking forward to it.
I want some time with an instructor so I'll take the GREEN group. count me in
btw- where could I refresh my memory on all the points of the tech inspection to make sure I'm all set.

Green is good! Hey Ilya, emailed you the tech inspection sheet. REDRUM
We should caravan up there and find a decent motel to stay at. Anyone been there and know the area? Craig and Marc are out of town and will probably help when they return. Don't be such a girly man, show your stuff and track your car the way it was meant to. I will be taking my 97T and cruising it around the track at modest speeds. Definitely not going to go b@lls out. Just want to learn how to drive my car better and have an instructor teach me right from wrong. I can't learn THAT on the streets. (and shouldn't). This would be a good time to meet other NSX's owners too.

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 22 August 2001).]

Just spoke with the Inn of Lancaster for discounts on rooms. If you mention that you will be attending Willow Springs for the weekend, the rates will drop from 78-88 per night to an amazing 58 per night! This includes a continental breakfast, pick either 1 or 2 Queen beds in the room. Phone number is 800-406-0466. http://hotelsandmore.com/ca/3342.htm
and check out Inn of Lancaster (ignore those rates) Any questions? Feel free to email myself or post. Thanks, John
BTW I will be just cruising around the track, if racing is not your thing, stay with me.

Just received my confirmation for the event. I spoke with the cordinator and he said that there are 9 NSX'ers going including myself. Looks like we have Randy, Frank, Peter, Steve, Paul, Chris, Marc, Dan and myself. I have reservations at the Inn of Lancaster and plan on staying Friday and Saturday night(8 a.m. class on Sat.), anyone else staying there? Caravan?

John,

Yikes, that reminds me. I need to make my reservations there too for the same nights. Yeah, I wouldn't mind caravan'ing. Private me.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Back