• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window adjustment help

So I've searched for hours on the forums for specific information about adjusting my windows, but couldn't find anything that specifically answered what I needed to know, so I'll attempt it here :biggrin:

My driver side window has a pretty good seal and I've brought it into the dealer to get it adjusted before because there used to be a leak/wind noise near the front sash. I've taken the car in twice now to get the window adjusted becuase the first time it wasn't done right.

Basically, the problem is that the window will not go UP all the way (it stops just a centimeter or two short from where it needs to go for a complete seal). When I pull upward on the window though, it pulls up that extra few centimeters and is fine. I told the tech what the problem was and that the window needs to be raised a bit to completely fit where it needs to, but he told me you can only adjust the front/backward alignment of the window and that there is no control over how much the window can be adjusted upward (he said the regulator does that). I think he is wrong, however, because my passenger window is seated that few centimeters higher (like I want the driver side to be) and is sealed perfect.

Is there any way to adjust how far the window goes UP? I was looking in the manual and some threads and saw something about window stoppers? Can those be adjusted to allow the window to roll up a few centimeters further?

You can adjust to go up more if the window stopper is not adjusted to its max.

Adjust the window stopper. It will allow the window to travel a bit further or stop sooner. There are two window stoppers. They are towards the top of the door.

The parts diagram does not really show a good picture of the window stopper.
13sl00_b53.gif

Part #13

Page 20-13 in the 1991 service manual shows a good picture and location of the stopper plate.

Your tech is wrong. Get a new tech. The nsx has almost an infinite ways to adjust the window. There are 5 pages alone in the the service manual on window adjustments. Print out those pages and hand it too him.

There is also a great writeup DIY from Skyguy on window adjustment.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73691&highlight=window+adjustment

Back