• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window Tintint

So after 8 years of owning my nsx and 6 years living in FL, I am debating to tint or not.

3 different lifetime films I can offer you
  1. 1st is a HP black pearl for 189.00
  2. 2nd is an extreme IR film called Wincos for 250.00
  3. 3rd is a Ceramic film that will be 325.00.
Good, better or best.

Comments, suggestions, thoughts??

Thanks,

Tint looks nice IMO makes the cabin look as one solid piece verse the windows breaking up that "flow" by being untinted.
With this said I'd suggest tinting all the glass dark but put a lighter tint on your back window that covers your engine bay. I tinted mine dark and it's really tough to see when backing up at night etc. I'm going to put a much lighter tint on the back window and tint the small panel that separates the cabin from the engine bay as well hoping this still looks good but helps with visibility
You can also have them put a light ceramic tint on your front glass which keeps the sun from killing you and the interior but the tint is hardly noticeable and possibly not legal :/

I did 35% 3m all round.
IMG_0135.jpg

I had mine tinted 6 years ago and it still looks as good as day one. I payed $135 if I remember correctly. (One piece back window) don't buy into the specialty film bs. Your standard 3m film works and looks just as good as that crap they sell for twice the price. The UV protectant bs is just marketing hype to justify the cost. It's more important to get someone that dose a good job then the material used. As long as its not the crap from auto zone your all good. Just find the darkness you want and go from there.

I did 35% 3m all round.
IMG_0135.jpg

I had mine tinted 6 years ago and it still looks as good as day one. I payed $135 if I remember correctly. (One piece back window) don't buy into the specialty film bs. Your standard 3m film works and looks just as good as that crap they sell for twice the price. The UV protectant bs is just marketing hype to justify the cost. It's more important to get someone that dose a good job then the material used. As long as its not the crap from auto zone your all good. Just find the darkness you want and go from there.
Did u tint the front glass?
Looks good

Did u tint the front glass?
Looks good

Just had them do a strip at the top. "Sun strip" they called it. I also have had the engine cover removed for some time now. I remember some people being concerned with removing the engine cover and exposing the tint to engine heat. I have never had an issue.

Also keep in mind your local laws. Anything in on the front side windows is not legal in NY but I never get harassed unless I'm doing something I'm not supposed to do. I always roll the windows down when getting pulled over and turn the interior lights on and have never gotten a ticket for my windows yet .(knocks on wood)

I don't know your local laws are, but if your concerned about it ask around your local car gatherings and see what you local LEO enforce and what they don't.

I love the tint for night driving. People in my area love to tailgate with there big SUV and High beams on for some reason the closer you get to NYC the more this driving quirk comes out of people. The tint takes the sting out of the blinding lights. But can make seeing out of the car while backing up at night difficult without rolling down the windows.

Back