• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winter Blues

:frown: Winter Blues :frown:

I walk out the door with dog leash in hand
waiting for the winter to finally disband
Its cold and snowing, its late and its silent
the only sounds footsteps and snow plows so violent

When I drove home tonight the roads slick and was icy
even in four wheel my trucks journey was dicey
The longer I wait the more I miss my sports car
took 19 years to buy her, now four months seems far.

NSX is in storage till salt washes away
for until that happens she cannot come out n' play.
I log onto here for some eye-candy, and to burn time
and click a link for a movie, on NSX prime!

The video teases, and the music I adore
Format67, need I say more?
Not driving her daily has advantages, not just disdain
soon it'll be like the day I bought her - all over again
:smile:

When I put my car away for the winter, one of my very best friends, Mike Brown (S2000 owner), who motivated me to buy the car (and is its godfather) told me not to be sad because its like getting a new car every spring! Well, sadness has set in. But it feels great to be sad about this and not about wishing I could buy it! Its a great problem to have isn't it?

Yeah pretty much describes exactly how I feel. Nice poem

I feel your pain. Here is today's radar image for the north east.

Attachments

• hibernation.JPG
    hibernation.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 55
I woke up this morning and the air temperature was -33 C, with a windchill of -45 C. I have shovelled snow 3 of the last 4 days. I park my Honda Fit right next to my NSX in the garage and I see it under its cover every morning when I leave and every night when I come home from work. Summer is a long time away up here in Winnipeg, but the anticipation is building daily, even though it will be at least 4 months till she is back on the road.

I get through the winter by accumulating parts. I have new wheels on the way, new Bilsteins, a new NSX coffee table book, new brake pads, and a complete hose replacement set. When it warms up a bit and all the parts come in I will heat up the garage and start replacing parts so she will be ready to roll when the snow is finally gone and they have cleaned all the salt and sand off of the roads. I waited 19 years to get my NSX as well, I am sure I can wait 4 more months. I am actually glad that it is in storage for 6 months of the year because from May 25th to November 2nd I put almost 10k miles on the car. I don't know how many miles I would put on the car if I could drive it year round.

You got to find a winter toy is all. Can't change winter, so change toys. When it snows, I get in my 4WD and look for people who need help. You meet the nicest people when they need a hand. If you drove the NSX every day you'd gradually loose that "first drive feeling" you get every spring.
All that said - Winter Sucks!
Happy motoring!

I feel your pain. Mine has been sitting for 2 months now :frown:

You all need to move to a warmer state so you can drive year round, like Florida or Arizona but not California, we have too many people already:wink:.

On second thought maybe some more NSX owners in Cali would be a good thing:biggrin:

While Winter does suck, particular in the northern states, there is , as has been said, nothing like that Spring day when you undercover her, start her up, climb in, and take that first drive of the new year.... exhilarating!!! It's almost like the first time you drove your NSX and confirming all the reasons you bought and love this car!!

Bide your time, you won't regret it. And, it a good time to get a few things done to her while in hibernation e.g., wax, interior detailing, thorough wheels cleaning/waxing, perhaps a nice after-market item, etc.

Meanwhile, you can always do what many here do, go out and sit in your car for a few minutes every couple of weeks... sometimes its enough!! :)

Having a Winter activity, as has been said, like snow-mobiling, ice fishing, skiing, boarding, warm weather vacation, etc., also helps you get through the Winter and take your mind of your NSX. Personally, I wouldn't trade it for a year-round driving location :)

Hang in there... you are not alone!!

Winter can be really tough for us car folks.... Jeesh, it's only 12-degrees here at the moment (Celsius). Can't wait for Spring!

I think it would be great if everyone took a picture of their car in its current "winter state." Car covers, snow on cars, rain... ice?

How about a winter weather picture post?

DaVinci13 - NEGATIVE 45C???? no offense but :eek:

Yeah, I know what you mean about the winter sucking.

It was soo bad this past weekend here in SoCal. I actually had to turn on my Air Conditioning in my car. I mean, what the heck right? Freakin 80 degrees!!!
Who has to turn on their A/C in the winter? Soo inconvenient. . . :biggrin:

And today was even worse!

Hahah, sorry, this just reminds me of Triumph. ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdoYXdcqT54

Last edited:
Here is my baby in hibernation. Took the car cover off and started her up to charge up the batteries, then drove around the garage just to hear the exhaust.

5368734843_c99a4efdf5_b.jpg

It's were you live boy's!! mine is insured all year long and I live in Canada!
It has rained here for the last two weeks so It was nice last night so I took her out for a quick cruise, man that is nice. The only thing I dont like it, you need to baby her until she is all warmed up. Switching into 2nd gear is hard when she is cold!

Spring is coming!!!! slowly! but it will be here and it will be worth the wait for you guys that are barried in snow! So polish her up change her oil and get ready!!!!! plus make sure you check your air pressure in the tires!!!

Enjoy!

I think it would be great if everyone took a picture of their car in its current state
I'd do it but I'm on holidays in Hawaii at the moment.:smile:

But, as I've said many times, you guys don't need to torment yourselves like this. I'm living proof that the car is up to it ..with winter tires. The real question is whether you, as an owner, are up to it. If you're a "driveway jewellry" type, then don't try it. But, if not, don't count it out. I still get a charge out of the stunned looks on peoples faces when they see me motoring thru deep snow.

Last edited:
I'd do it but I'm on holidays in Hawaii at the moment.:smile:

But, as I've said many times, you guys don't need to torment yourselves like this. I'm living proof that the car is up to it ..with winter tires. The real question is whether you, as an owner, are up to it. If you're a "driveway jewellry" type, then don't try it. But, if not, don't count it out. I still get a charge out of the stunned looks on peoples faces when they see me motoring thru deep snow.

Awesome picture of your NSX in the snow!!!

Awesome picture of your NSX in the snow!!!

Captainjman for you I feel sad
because here in the south a drive can be had
It's only January and i can see spring
For here in February winter will loose it's sting

For now i look out on the road in front of my house
Knowing the City and it truck driving louse
put gravel on the roads to lay down some crap
that makes driving my NSX a risky trap

Full of rock chips for my paint galore
While all I can do is look out my door
to the beauty that awaits just a few steps away
waiting to spring into action on some sunny day

Now it's late and I must bid adew
To you and all of us Prime Happy few
Fear not for spirited driving is not far away
And will make driving again a most wonderful day!

I'll have to post pics of my car waiting for me to turn the key, sitting in my carport just begging for me!

So long guys - won't be so long now. Just think of the guys in Florida and Ca - or Arizona - plenty of states where NSX drivers are still running hard and canyon carving, etc. It'll make the day you get back on the road all that much more sweet.

Adios

Captainjman for you I feel sad
because here in the south a drive can be had
It's only January and i can see spring
For here in February winter will loose it's sting

For now i look out on the road in front of my house
Knowing the City and it truck driving louse
put gravel on the roads to lay down some crap
that makes driving my NSX a risky trap

Full of rock chips for my paint galore
While all I can do is look out my door
to the beauty that awaits just a few steps away
waiting to spring into action on some sunny day

Now it's late and I must bid adew
To you and all of us Prime Happy few
Fear not for spirited driving is not far away
And will make driving again a most wonderful day!

I'll have to post pics of my car waiting for me to turn the key, sitting in my carport just begging for me!

So long guys - won't be so long now. Just think of the guys in Florida and Ca - or Arizona - plenty of states where NSX drivers are still running hard and canyon carving, etc. It'll make the day you get back on the road all that much more sweet.

Adios

Very nice response buddy!

Back