• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winter Car storage

Does anybody keep their car stored outside, but covered underneath a carport, during winter?

Will this have an adverse effect vs keeping the car in unheated garage?

afaik we had a NE member in NYC who kept a pristine looking car as you describe.I also overwintered my car in an unheated storage "box" made of metal without incident.

You might want to be concerned about moisture coming up from the ground. I lay out a plastic sheet over the garage floor before storage.

You're in Ottawa? You should come out to one of our meets!

You might want to be concerned about moisture coming up from the ground. I lay out a plastic sheet over the garage floor before storage.

You're in Ottawa? You should come out to one of our meets!

Yup I'm in Ottawa. When's your next meet?

By the way roughly how many NSXs are in Ottawa? I've only ever seen or known of a handful. When I use to AutoX there was a really nice Yellow one that came out a few times. The guy that use to own final lap had a white one. I've seen a couple of black ones. And a few red ones. Oh I also remembered this guy that would be downtown a lot he had a red convertible NSX.

Wow, another NSX in Ottawa and I am not aware of it?!

Hey there, I kinda run the NSX group out here. PM me your email address and I'll add you to our mailing list. There's roughly 18 of us out here but only 6-8 loyal regulars who hang out and talk nsx and cars all the time ;)

Our webpage is here:
http://groups.google.com/group/ottawa-nsx-owners?hl=en

Back