• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Woohoo! Became a NSX owner again after sold my first one 12 years ago..

Hello Prime members,

Ever since I sold my Black '96-T 5 speed about 12 years ago, I was looking to buy another NSX, literally from the next day....:biggrin:

I wanted a Red/Black combo, manual and T-top.
And I found just that. It's 2001-T Red/Black, 6 speed with 152k miles.
Mileage was little higher than I would have wanted, but my first one was over 130k miles when I sold it.
Since I am planning to drive it, not keeping in my garage, I am fine with that high mileages.

Picked it up a few days ago and drove 9 hours back home.
What a fun ride! Now it's sitting in my garage.
I can't believe finally I have another NSX to enjoy!

12 years is a long time, but I come to this forum time to time and read members posts, and didn't feel I ever left this awesome community.
I would love to get to know other Prime members and learn more about this amazing car.

Much thanks to Prime members, RobM, Docjohn and Hass who helped me and gave me advices through the forum.

Love to be back!

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome back! Are you going to be able to enjoy your new toy some more, or do you have to tuck it away for a few months of hibernation?

Nice work and as we love to say...welcome back!...pics.. also where did the car come from?..prime or another method...

Congrats and welcome back! Are you going to be able to enjoy your new toy some more, or do you have to tuck it away for a few months of hibernation?

Thanks The King!
I will definitely drive it as much chance I get, on good weather days, even in winters. I only have less than 40 years to drive it, so everyday counts:biggrin:

Congrats on your return!

Congrats! Wow, that's a long time to wait. What happened? What cars did you have in between?

Well, in between finding a right one, and convincing my wife that I needed another NSX took some time :biggrin:.. And my wife didn't think I needed another toy car... I also currently have '95 300zx NA 5 spd as another weekend/toy car, but now I have feeling that 300zx doesn't get to be driven much anymore...:tongue:

Last edited:
300 z....where is Honcho....;)

Congrats on your 2nd NSX!

I am in a very similar situation so know how good you must be feeling. I sold my 92 GPW around 10 years ago and finally found my 91 Berlina with under 35K miles last August. (Had a 2004 S2000 in between, but as much fun as it was it just "wasn't an NSX"). Congrats and enjoy your new rdie. Glad you are going to drive it and not park and polish!

Hell Prime members,

Ever since I sold my Black '96-T 5 speed about 12 years ago, I was looking to buy another NSX, literally from the next day....:biggrin:

I wanted a Red/Black combo, manual and T-top.
And I found just that. It's 2001-T Red/Black, 6 speed with 152k miles.
Mileage was little higher than I would have wanted, but my first one was over 130k miles when I sold it.
Since I am planning to drive it, not keeping in my garage, I am fine with that high mileages.

Picked it up a few days ago and drove 9 hours back home.
What a fun ride! Now it's sitting in my garage.
I can't believe finally I have another NSX to enjoy!

12 years is a long time, but I come to this forum time to time and read members posts, and didn't feel I ever left this awesome community.
I would love to get to know other Prime members and learn more about this amazing car.

Much thanks to Prime members, RobM, Docjohn and Hass who helped me and gave me advices through the forum.

Love to be back!

I am in a very similar situation so know how good you must be feeling. I sold my 92 GPW around 10 years ago and finally found my 91 Berlina with under 35K miles last August. (Had a 2004 S2000 in between, but as much fun as it was it just "wasn't an NSX"). Congrats and enjoy your new rdie. Glad you are going to drive it and not park and polish!

That's awesome, and thank you, dansplan.
Yup, what a great feeling.
My first NSX was a Berlina also and I loved that color as well.

'91 with 35k miles.... Wow, it must be in a museum quality!:smile:

Not quite but pretty dang clean. The previous owner had also spent 12k at Acura doing timing belt etc 5 years prior then only drive 500 miles since. I couldnt pass it up

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back