• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

World fastest production car

Bugatti news
May 7, 2005

Bugatti Veyron officially the fastest of all!
Bugatti finally has proven their promise: On the Volkswagen test-circuit Ehra-Lessien, under supervision of the TüV Süddeutschland a speed of over 400km/h was attained. When the Bugatti will reach production stage in september, it will be the fastest production car (until now: the Koenigsegg CCR with 387.9 km/h).
The official top speed (I do not have an actual number yet) was noted on several runs, and in both directions. It is stated that it was over 400 km/h, but not how much over. Bugatti always stated a figure of 407 km/h, so we´ll have to see if they reached that.

Bugatti is planning to produce 300 Veyron´s, 50 of them will be delivered in 2005/2006, all of these have been sold. One Veyron is said to have been sold to the Netherlands, though the Dutch buyer wishes to remain anonymous.

veyron-m.jpg

I've seen better pictures of it, but looking at this pic, I now think that car is ugly. I just really don't care for the styling. The EB110 was WAY better looking IMO. Of course, I'd kill to have either, but that's not going to happen.

Too bad the car is as heavy as a tank! I wish it was only 3000lbs!

Deuce B said:
I've seen better pictures of it, but looking at this pic, I now think that car is ugly. I just really don't care for the styling. The EB110 was WAY better looking IMO. Of course, I'd kill to have either, but that's not going to happen.

To each his own. But to you, none.

Is the one in the picture a customer car? Have they been delivered?

Back