• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would NSX front rims fit 2000 3.2TL ?

What is the center bore of the hub? If it's the same as legend, yes, it will fit.

Do you know for sure that the bolt pattern and the offset are both the same for the Legend?

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
What is the center bore of the hub? If it's the same as legend, yes, it will fit.

Do you know for sure that the bolt pattern and the offset are both the same for the Legend?

Yes!
Bolt pattern are 114.3/5
Offset are 55.

I have no data for the TL centerbore though.

I was in aftermarket automotive industry for a while
smile.gif

I too have no idea about the centrebore of the 99 - 2001 TL...all I know are the wheel sizes and the offsets of the TL which are:

(16 x 6) with an offset of 55.

Also, here is a photo of someone who has fitted the front and rear wheels of the NSX onto the 2000 3.2TL (which I don't think is advisable - I would prefer to have 16s all around on my 2000 TL)...but the fitting looks perfect and he says that the wheels just bolted right on.....
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1385250&a=10334717&p=34982282

What do you guys feel ?

Well, if he said it's just bolt on, I would suspect that the centerbore is 64.1. The same as Integra Type R, Prelude, S2000.

the NSX centerbore at the front is 70.1 and the rear is 64.1. the reason they do this is so we or anybody else don't accidently put their rear wheels to the front.

If the centerbore is 64.1. I would advise u getting a hubcentric ring for the front wheel. Cause without the hubcentric ring, your car will vibrate at speed as if u're wheels are out of balance.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
Well, if he said it's just bolt on, I would suspect that the centerbore is 64.1. The same as Integra Type R, Prelude, S2000.

the NSX centerbore at the front is 70.1 and the rear is 64.1. the reason they do this is so we or anybody else don't accidently put their rear wheels to the front.

If the centerbore is 64.1. I would advise u getting a hubcentric ring for the front wheel. Cause without the hubcentric ring, your car will vibrate at speed as if u're wheels are out of balance.

Thanks a lot for the response.

I did a search in www.acura-tl.com and found that the center bore of the TL is indeed 64mm. So basically, without any modification, the front wheels of the NSX will not fit the 3.2TL ?
frown.gif
Also, what would a hubcentric ring cost and are there any disadvantages to having it in the wheel as opposed to a wheel that fits perfectly without a hubcentric ring?

Also, why is the S2000 not having a difference in the center bore front and back even though the front/rear wheels are of different sizes ?

Since the TL center bore is 64 mm. NSX front wheels will fit, but it will create vibration at speed. Hubcentric rings are cheap. Ususlly run around $25 to $40 for the set. However, I don't know anybody who makes them.

I'm not sure about S2000 wheels. But I suspect the front and rear have the same O.D?

So are you saying the NSX wheels can also fit Prelude, ITR and S2000?

Since the TL center bore is 64 mm. NSX front wheels will fit, but it will create vibration at speed. Hubcentric rings are cheap. Ususlly run around $25 to $40 for the set. However, I don't know anybody who makes them.

I'm not sure about S2000 wheels. But I suspect the front and rear have the same O.D?

Thanks. But are there any disadvantages to using a hubcentric ring in the wheel as opposed to a wheel that fits perfectly (with centrebore at 64.1mm)?!

The S2000 has the following sizes:

Front: (16 x 6.5) 55mm offset with 205/55 tires
Rear : (16 x 7.5) 65mm offset with 225/50 tires

The front S2000 wheel/tire combo has an overall diameter of 631.9mm while the rear wheel/tire combo has an overall diameter of 631.4 - essentially the same...

Dunno if the S2000 wheels are forged however...

Sorry for bothering you with all these questions....I guess I am totally ignorant about these things...
frown.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif

[This message has been edited by Arthur Hunter (edited 08 December 2000).]

Originally posted by Arthur Hunter:
Thanks. But are there any disadvantages to using a hubcentric ring in the wheel as opposed to a wheel that fits perfectly (with centrebore at 64.1mm)?!

The S2000 has the following sizes:

Front: (16 x 6.5) 55mm offset with 205/55 tires
Rear : (16 x 7.5) 65mm offset with 225/50 tires

The front S2000 wheel/tire combo has an overall diameter of 631.9mm while the rear wheel/tire combo has an overall diameter of 631.4 - essentially the same...

Dunno if the S2000 wheels are forged however...

Sorry for bothering you with all these questions....I guess I am totally ignorant about these things...
frown.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif

There are no disadvantage of using hubcentric rings. Almost all aftermarket wheels uses hubcentric ring. So it's easy for them to fit it to any car.

Since the front and rear tires are the same O.D. on S2000. They don't really care if the tires are moved to front and rear. Also they have a lot of clearance for doing so.

There are no disadvantage of using hubcentric rings. Almost all aftermarket wheels uses hubcentric ring. So it's easy for them to fit it to any car.

Since the front and rear tires are the same O.D. on S2000. They don't really care if the tires are moved to front and rear. Also they have a lot of clearance for doing so.

Thanks a lot. I plan to switch the stock TL rims with NSX front rims on all four corners...I think I can source them from www.aaarims.com ...

My objective in changing the rims was mainly for the weight savings on the wheels but did not want aftermarket wheels since I dislike the "aftermarket" look...might even look closely at the S2000 front rims...the rears of the S2000 won't fit I guess due to the offset ?!! Some concerns with the S2000 rims are that it has been designed for a much lighter car whereas the TL is a lot heavier....would the rims be able to take the additional weight ?!!

One point hasn't been mentioned here. The NSX seven-spoke OEM wheels are VERY expensive. When you buy them new, about the best price you can get is $2800 for a set (from http://www.daliracing.com ). The place you're looking at is selling refinished rims at $450 each. There isn't necessarily anything WRONG with a refinished wheel, but there's a huge variety of brand new aftermarket wheels for your car for the same amount of money.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
One point hasn't been mentioned here. The NSX seven-spoke OEM wheels are VERY expensive. When you buy them new, about the best price you can get is $2800 for a set (from http://www.daliracing.com ). The place you're looking at is selling refinished rims at $450 each. There isn't necessarily anything WRONG with a refinished wheel, but there's a huge variety of brand new aftermarket wheels for your car for the same amount of money.

I went back into the site and found that, as you said, the rims sold there are re-finished rims....anyway, since the NSX front rims are not a perfect fit for the TL (due to variation in center bore), I guess I will refrain from going for it for now....only one of the aftermarket rims caught my eye - Racing Hart M6....but again I need to research them further about their applicability to the 3.2TL, without any modifications (weight, width, offset, center bore, bolt pattern etc) ....

Back