• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

would you like a beer?

Stone IPA or an Arrogant Bastard Ale for me please.

xxx said:
Root for me. :smile:

a name like TRIPLE X and you drink root beer?!!!! holy cheese and crackers, there goes the image i had!

i suppose the question is WHICH BRAND of root beer would you like?

queenlives said:
i suppose the question is WHICH BRAND of root beer would you like?

MUG! :rolleyes:

XXX was a very popular brand of root beer they had drive-ins all over the USA
the only one left is here in issaquah wa and they have killer car shows all summer long.. :smile:

Beer: Yuengling Lager
(Oh how I do miss Pennsylvania...- can't get a Yuengling here in TX yet, although I am known to have a case shipped in now and then...)

Bier: Duvel

Cerveza: Dos Equis

Be CAREFUL!!!

or be safe...

Rootbeer: Dad's

Birchbeer: Sioux City

H-carWizKid said:
(Oh how I do miss Pennsylvania...- can't get a Yuengling here in TX yet, although I am known to have a case shipped in now and then...)

I'm a Yuengling fan from up north, originally. I noticed it showing up in stores here in Florida, so maybe its coming your way soon as they continue to branch out.

zahntech said:
XXX was a very popular brand of root beer they had drive-ins all over the USA the only one left is here in issaquah wa and they have killer car shows all summer long.. :smile:
didn't know that - **very** cool! (thx)

H-carWizKid said:

Did you know Yuengling is the oldest brewery in the USA. Very good beer.

IBC is my favorite. :smile:

steveny said:
Did you know Yuengling is the oldest brewery in the USA. Very good beer.

Yes I did! I have actually been enjoying it for some time now. I always thought it was the best, and most reasonably priced beer on the market.

I have been tracking the distribution progress...

Thus far the farthest south is Key West- (thanks to the aquisition of a brewery in Tampa) and the furthest west is Alabama.

Our local beer guy keeps watching for it for me.

My best friend still lives in Pittsburgh and he occasionally ships me a case.

My Housemate in Plano, several of my friends, and myself all come from the Pittsburgh area, and anytime anyone drives home they end up coming back with a trunk full of beer, and Pittsburgh Steelers memorabilia.
Yuengling Lager
Railbender Ale from Erie Brewing
Iron City (My buddy Matt loves that stuff- we can actually buy it here now though)

My favorite TX beer is Ziegenbach Amber followed closely by Shiner Bock and
St.Andrews Lawnmower

We take Beer pretty seriously around here.

Philip

Corsendonk Agnus Dei Pale Ale.

Duvel is good as is Orval and about anything from Belgium. Very little sold here in the USA is even vaguely comparable. I say "very little" because I'm trying to be diplomatic.

H-carWizKid said:
Yes I did! I have actually been enjoying it for some time now. I always thought it was the best, and most reasonably priced beer on the market.

Philip

Thats the part about Yuengling I just don't get. I feel the beer could sell for a much higher price and not slow sales down one bit.

I mostly drink Budweiser because it is so eaisly available everywhere.

We take Beer pretty seriously around here too.

H-carWizKid said:

Philip

Hi Philip

You'r not kidding :)

My favorite has always been Carlsberg. Probably the best beer in the world. (Says so on the box ):)

I bought a few Budweiser not that long ago because they make me think of the show by Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl where they compare it to making love in a cano :biggrin:

Regards

steveny said:
Thats the part about Yuengling I just don't get. I feel the beer could sell for a much higher price and not slow sales down one bit.

I mostly drink Budweiser because it is so eaisly available everywhere.

We take Beer pretty seriously around here too.

Yeah... Lets see...

Case of Yeungling Lager bought in Pennsylvania $16.50
add Shipping... +$25.00

I am paying roughly $41.50 per case, I guess they could increase the price a tad without alienating me as long as it was available locally. :)

Budweiser is my "anywhere anytime" beer too- it is an easy order at stadiums, concerts, and the dives where I like to play pool.

If any of you guys are at NSeXpo this year we will have to stop off for some suds one evening.

Philip

H-carWizKid said:
Yeah... Lets see...

Case of Yeungling Lager bought in Pennsylvania $16.50
add Shipping... +$25.00

I am paying roughly $41.50 per case, I guess they could increase the price a tad without alienating me as long as it was available locally. :)

Budweiser is my "anywhere anytime" beer too- it is an easy order at stadiums, concerts, and the dives where I like to play pool.

If any of you guys are at NSeXpo this year we will have to stop off for some suds one evening.

Philip

Is Lonestar still around down in TX?

I've never drunk Yuenglingy or whatever, but if you guys drink Bud, then, to be blunt, you have no taste whatsoever and I cannot take your endorsement of Wingling seriously. If my only choices are Budweiser and water, I will take water every time unless I am in a 3rd world country where I risk dysentery.

Guys, please, do yourselves a favor and get some Belgian trappist ale. The stuff is available now and it's lightyears better than any of this American crap. We can land on the moon and did invent the transistor, but our beers SUCK.

liftshard said:
If my only choices are Budweiser and water, I will take water every time unless I am in a 3rd world country where I risk dysentery.

I agree completely, can't believe its such a big brand in the US.

Proper beer:

- Guiness !!!
- Grolsch
- Hoegaarden (white)

liftshard said:
We can land on the moon and did invent the transistor, but our beers SUCK.

To each his own I suppose.
Bud isn't bad after 1 or 2 or 10... I agree it isn't my first choice, in fact it is probably the bottom of my personal beer chain, but I am not a snob about it either. It IS widely available and often present at the family cookout/fishing trip/hunting camp/random watering hole... You develop a tolerance for it- but I agree, if you don't have to, then why?

How can you know what is best, if you don't at know what is worst?

You know there is some sorry sap out there who's job it is to discriminate taste changes for Anheuser-Bush... Imagine, if your taste buds had to determine if crappy beer was made to taste more or less crappy by changes in the brewing process... He exists, and his opinion lost my Dad's company a deal a few years back.

Imports...
My experience with the beer we get here that comes from elsewhere is that it generally tastes skunky... (I stress generally- I haven't sampled them alli yet :) )

I also have it on good authority that the Import beers I don't like taste totally different if you drink them in their country of origin.
I always guessed that something about temp changes, and elapsed time during shipping might foul the flavor- but I have no idea if there is truth to the theory.

Generally I prefer boutique (small brewery) domestics

Unless we are talking about Guiness...
But then, Guiness isn't beer- it is a meal- and when I got to the bar for a meal I prefer to have Guiness. Nuff said.
Get me a real Irish bar with a nitrogen tap system (all stouts are better on nitrogen) and a tender that knows how to pour a black and tan over a spoon-and I will remain perfectly content until the buttonhole rips out of my jeans.

Philip

Back