• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WOW!!!! 2005, #212, only 66 miles!!? JH4NA21685S000212

Roger of Motorcars of Georgia called me because he knew I was looking for a newer NSX and didn't know I already bought one. He said they want 100+k for the car. I don't think theyll get it but he said they would not consider less than 100k.

Looks like they sold it for less.

However, depending on how long they are willing to wait with the car in their inventory, they can pretty much ask whatever they want, and someone, somewhere will pay it eventually. They've got a brand new NSX, and if that's what you have been looking for, what are you going to do, go find another one? :tongue:

all in all, my wife makes a VERY good point. "be happy with what you have!"......I should not be upset haha, I have the color I wanted, with mileage within the parameters I wanted haha.....BUT, it's always nice to have an extra one. I am going to be looking actively again for another, this time to keep for my son.
When my wife says "be happy with what you have" I think she means her.:tongue:

Simply unreal, Ive been following this thread all day and Im speachless. I would love to have this as part of my future collection. The only problem with a car this low, as soon as you drive it....the price drops like a rock. This car is stickly for a collector/musuem peice:wink: I'll be there soon enough, these cars will be pop up, you just need to be patient:biggrin:

I think I will be passing on this one. Wife is SERIOUSLY hating the color....bummer...I am going back and forth, and honestly, I searched yellow only when I was shopping for my car...it's truly my favorite color...

I will sleep on it. If people want it, honestly no hard feelings if someone here buys this Imola...

Do you really need your wife's approval before purchasing a car?
Don't take it offensively, I'm just curious.

Tell me your not married... If you think you can just spend 100k without consulting your wife.. you be crazy! :eek:

Imagine if she came in one day and said oh yeah I just went on a shopping spree.. bought a few dresses that I'll wear once or twice a year (and will spend money maintaining them) for 100k. What would be your reaction?

Tell me your not married... If you think you can just spend 100k without consulting your wife.. you be crazy! :eek:

Imagine if she came in one day and said oh yeah I just went on a shopping spree.. bought a few dresses that I'll wear once or twice a year (and will spend money maintaining them) for 100k. What would be your reaction?

Indeed.... unless 100k is chump change, purchases of this magnitude are quite often mutually agreed upon.

Being single, I always scoff when I hear such a thing but 100k aint chump change. My line would be, when its your money...you can decide how we will spend it:biggrin: Now get back in the kitchen and get dinner ready:biggrin:

Just kidding, but on a serious note...does anyone know any actual history about this car's background? Possible factory service demo car?

no offense to any Imola owners but the Rio Yellow IMO looks sportier. Everyone has their own preference. Its not a color that i could personally live with for many years however it does suit the NSX's curves nicely. The one posted above with aftermarket wheels and side skirts is real sleek looking.

I can see your point.

However, unless I'm using my wife's money, I would simply inform her about I'm buying this collector's car with this low mileage, regardless of whether she likes the color or not because I know what I'm doing. Unless, this sum of money has already committed to, say, as a down-payment for a house that both husband and wife will be living in, then of course is a different story. According to the original poster, sounds like this is extra money he has, that's why I wonder why that "she hates the color" would be the deciding factor whether he buys the car or not.

Last edited:

it helps to have them on your side since they are under the same roof?

I was going to buy this car this morning regardless of her opinion. Unfortunately the car is sold..

To a woman, this would be no different than if she went and bought some Gucci purse for $3000 of your money, then saw one with a different color strap and wanted that one too for another $3000. Perfectly rational to her, but the guy would flip his lid... supra2nv's wife is actually being rather calm...

I was going to buy this car this morning regardless of her opinion. Unfortunately the car is sold..

LOL... most guys on this forum sneak into the computer room and surf the "hottest girl" thread, supra2nv sneaks out and surfs for low milage NSX's.

"Oooooh this one has 3500 miles".... "whoa.. check the 65 miles on this baby"... "oy yeah... daddy like".... :biggrin:

To a woman, this would be no different than if she went and bought some Gucci purse for $3000 of your money, then saw one with a different color strap and wanted that one too for another $3000. Perfectly rational to her, but the guy would flip his lid... supra2nv's wife is actually being rather calm...

Exactly.

As you mentioned, the key is who's money.
I understand once you married all the money belongs to both.
But I just think if it's the money you earned,
you should be able to decide how you want to spend it.

Exactly.

As you mentioned, the key is who's money.
I understand once you married all the money belongs to both.
But I just think if it's the money you earned,
you should be able to decide how you want to spend it.

I like to think of our household as a company, me as the CEO, wife as CFO/Shareholder, and my kids as shareholders. Regardless of what decision is made, everyone should have a vote. The right moves benefits all, the wrong moves hurt all....so why would I go and do something silly without consulting the rest of the group? I even asked my 5 year old son and my 2 year old daughter their opinions on colors as well...Son said he liked the Orange, my daughter liked yellow, my wife likes yellow, and I honestly like yellow too....

BUT, I was going to attempt to buy this particular car anyways, and keep both haha!

Edit: yes, I am the sole bread winner right now, but it's still pretty much my attitude since being a housewife with two kids aint easy....honestly.

LOL... most guys on this forum sneak into the computer room and surf the "hottest girl" thread, supra2nv sneaks out and surfs for low milage NSX's.

"Oooooh this one has 3500 miles".... "whoa.. check the 65 miles on this baby"... "oy yeah... daddy like".... :biggrin:

pretty much lol:biggrin:

it's actually a joke amongst everyone who knows me..people say I would look past the hottest chicks to get to see a hot car instead...I think it's a sickness.

I like to think of our household as a company, me as the CEO, wife as CFO/Shareholder, and my kids as shareholders. Regardless of what decision is made, everyone should have a vote. The right moves benefits all, the wrong moves hurt all....so why would I go and do something silly without consulting the rest of the group? I even asked my 5 year old son and my 2 year old daughter their opinions on colors as well...Son said he liked the Orange, my daughter liked yellow, my wife likes yellow, and I honestly like yellow too....

BUT, I was going to attempt to buy this particular car anyways, and keep both haha!

Cool ... I agree this is the right way to look at it.

it's actually a joke amongst everyone who knows me..people say I would look past the hottest chicks to get to see a hot car instead...I think it's a sickness.

LOL so true, I do the same and if the chica notices she wonders why I passed without a look see and then you get a visit.:wink:

-G-

Being single, I always scoff when I hear such a thing but 100k aint chump change. My line would be, when its your money...you can decide how we will spend it:biggrin: Now get back in the kitchen and get dinner ready:biggrin:

Just kidding, but on a serious note...does anyone know any actual history about this car's background? Possible factory service demo car?

Mike when I spoke to Dan at the dealership this morning he said it was a collector from Dubai who purchased it brand new without Acura doing the PDI in some respects. Original shipping plastic was kept on but the car sat for a long while and became dusty, etc. The collector has run into some financial setback and had to liquidate some of his collection of cars and this 05 was one of the cars this dealership bought from him. Once the car hit this dealership they removed the plastic and got the car ready for selling...

Must be contagious...

..sad thing is I do this with computer/server hardware as well :X :F.

90K... I thought it was only worth 50K because times are tough and the NSX is no longer a desirable car and there are many faster cars, and.... :biggrin:

Yeah it's the same as a 91 or a 97 and not worth the premium for the low miles. I mean I could get a 91 with 100k+ miles and just paint it and do an 02 conversion and have the exact same car for way less money. Nobody wants a car with miles that low anyway:wink:

Now thats comedy.:tongue: .........................but true.:tongue:

Yeah it's the same as a 91 or a 97 and not worth the premium for the low miles. I mean I could get a 91 with 100k+ miles and just paint it and do an 02 conversion and have the exact same car for way less money. Nobody wants a car with miles that low anyway:wink:

*mutters* I should probably search before I ask this...

How much is repainting and an 02 conversion?

Back