• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WOW! Now This is Custom Color!

Wow thats cool in a way. I don't care for the wing and the 4X4 look! Needs to be dropped BIG TIME! Unless the original owner was going for a Rally look! Just kidding
smile.gif

I'll post the pic here for everyone.

96862298229382542648.JPG

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 12 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 12 January 2001).]

To paint a car, any car, that color takes a skilled hand. I've seen the cars out here that have that paint and on ALL of them I see shades(shadows), which means it wasn't painted evenly.

However, the color(more like colors) is amazing.

that car is right next to my house..... I know it very well..... the paint is TERRIBLE>>>>>>>>>> great concept, horrible colors....dirt in it, fish eyes, actual RUNS, etc. the car is a total rat... the hood has all sorts of creases in it, the rear wing has cracked the original spoiler, the interior looks unfinished, wheels are not correct offset...... they originally wanted 115k but I talked to the guy the other week and he said if someone would offer him 80k , he'd take it. It's not even worth 80k..... 55k would be the right price. On the upside, it sounds great...

------------------
nsx_02.jpg

Todd Arnold
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

[This message has been edited by Nsxotic (edited 12 January 2001).]

The ad claims a cost to build of $195K. Minus the original cost of the car new ($85K), that leaves $110K in custom work. How the hell can that be possible? I have done almost every concievable mod to my car and I don't have close to that into it.

I asked the seller for a breakout of the $110K in spending, but I doubt I will ever see it.

NSXY, have you ever seen one of these "shifting color" cars in person? (at least in these tones) They are incredibly bad, event with the best paint job quality. They go downhill from there.

I can see the fun of it in a track car or so, but not for private ownership.

And, what touch-up paint(s) would you get for it?
smile.gif

Plus the price is silly. I'll bow to Todd(Nsxotic) in his knowledge of car pricing.

Having visited that particular "Toy Store" as an aching qualified customer needing to get a funner car, my particular experiences and observations made me run away as fast as I could from doing any business with them.

I agree with most of you here that this color is TERRIBLE for an NSX. But, I must also admit that I had my '95 Cobra Conv't painted that color. The cost for one quart of DuPont's Rainbow Extreme is $800. Now, on a Ford it is okay and since my Cobra is anything but stock, the color matches the amount of modifications that are done to it. The most impressive mod is the 410CI Supercharged engine that is being dropped in right as I type this. The car has won several national events and it has and will be featured in more magazines.

The thing to remember again is: On a Mustang it's acceptable, on an NSX it's a disgrace.

FYI, touch up is very easy beacuse no matter what angle you look at the car it is a different color.

I've seen some very good examples of this color on cars. It is very impractical for everyday driving (can't touch it up) but it's great for show cars. The best quality example of this paint I've ever seen is on the Honda R&D Accord AC-R when I was on an interview with the BIG H last year.

I got a buddy who has that paint on his Legend coupe. Lives in Providence RI and drives it every day YEAR ROUND. After 3 years he is having to have the nose redone because of chips leading to clear coat failure. Even with his "ratty" nose he took 1st place at the last 2000 show at englishtown NJ.

It is becoming all to common on the show circuit now though.

I, personally do not like it. It looks like an oil spill. The color was cool a couple of years back because it was unusual and still is but on an NSX, it is a disgrace like Dr. Lane said. The only thing I like on this car are the huge front and rear brakes.

Back