• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wrap or repaint...

That is the question. I was thinking of changing the colour of my car from black to white. With the body panels being aluminum and all, I was considering to vinyl wrap it instead of repainting.

Vinyl wrap ~ $1600, lasts for 4 years or more.

Repaint ~$2500 -$3500.

Which route would you go?

If wrapped, only the exterior will be white. The back side of the panels will remain black. And the quote of $1600 is a 75% wrap, leaving the roof, mirrors, A-pillars and B-pillars black.

The $2500 paint quote is for exterior only, like the vinyl wrap, but for the whole car. The $3500 paint quote is for the whole car with all body panels in white (front and back) minus the inside of the engine bay.

Anyone know of other good paint job places in the GTA so I can get another quote for comparison?

Last edited:
Wrap the car no doubt. It wont damage the paint and you can always go back to stock. To repaint the whole car properly would cost alot. Repaint always raises a red flag when it comes to resale even if it wasnt in an accident.

Budd's collision center does great work.
Where would you get it wrapped?? You could get a matte finish which would look pretty cool.

Never thought of wrapping a car, thats a cool idea. I wonder if there's a local ottawa shop that can do this..mind you I would drive to the GTA if the job is A1.

Your breaking my heart lol, I say go for a wrap like someone said earlier for resale purposes a repainted car may look bad. And did the wrap company show you any of their previous work, just to get a reference wether they are good or not.

ps. you get my email? sorry for the late reply:frown:

Last edited:
I got your email Wes, thanks!

The paint correction you did on my car is still prefect. It seems such a waste to do a repaint. I'll look into the portfolio of the wrapping company and see what kind of work they've done.

Attachments

• DSC01055.jpg
    DSC01055.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Well, I contacted a local company that wraps a lot of vehicles here ( alot of real estate promo cars, the police and government vehicles) and asked about doing my nsx. They took a look at a few online pics and said it will be difficult due to the number of curves. Apparently Gallardos and GTRs are easier due to their sharp angles. As well, since my car's been previously resprayed they cannot guarantee that the paint will not be damaged when the vinyl is removed in the future. I was quoted $3000-3500 for the job...and thats with leaving my roof and mirrors black! (I'm interested in making the car white, matte black or McLaren Orange).

Time to rethink this...

Back