• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

wtf tires? Why u no last?

I went through two....yeah TWO sets of rear tires in the past 6 months already. The CTSC is just making them wear out much faster.

I need to shop for a third set NOW because rear tires are pretty much bald :(

Still going for Starspecs but I will try to change my driving habits to make them last longer. Anyone else noticing FAST tire wear?

I have KW V3 lowered pretty good which im sure doesnt help.

Best place I've EVER found to buy tires is discounttiredirect on ebay.
Free shipping, no tax, and superior prices. Shipped right to your door or mechanics for FREE!

Alignment.. specifically rear toe-in.

This ^^^

Best place I've EVER found to buy tires is discounttiredirect on ebay.
Free shipping, no tax, and superior prices. Shipped right to your door or mechanics for FREE!

This is the same company as Discount Tire Company and America's Tire Company here in SoCal. California residents may have to pay sales tax (I don't remember).

Funny thing is that their eBay prices are cheaper than their in-store prices. So I buy them from their eBay store and have them installed at the physical local store. The local store recognizes that you bought the tires from their company and gives you their discounted mounting and balancing rates! It's soo weird.

This is the same company as Discount Tire Company and America's Tire Company here in SoCal. California residents may have to pay sales tax (I don't remember).
They have set up their Discount Tire Direct mail-order division as a separate legal entity, so in most states, you don't pay sales tax when ordering from their DTD website or calling their DTD phone number.

Funny thing is that their eBay prices are cheaper than their in-store prices. So I buy them from their eBay store and have them installed at the physical local store. The local store recognizes that you bought the tires from their company and gives you their discounted mounting and balancing rates! It's soo weird.
That's not uncommon. I've compared prices for various items from a company (not Discount Tire, but for other stuff) and found them to be different between (a) the company's own website, (b) the company's listings in eBay, and (c) the company's listings on Amazon. And they're not consistent, either; one item can be cheaper one way, another item another way.

Obviously, compare prices wherever you like. I usually buy whichever way is least expensive, after taking into account all the various charges (for tires, including shipping, mounting/balancing, etc).

Exactly this. Yea I knew it was Discount Tire Direct/Company.

I have bought ALL of my tires from them for the last ~12 years.

Darin at West End in Gardena, CA.

+1, Darin knows NSX:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

+2 He worked on my car when I lived out there. He was also working on a track ready Elise while I was there.

Darin at West End

I go to Darin too but it's best to know what performance specs you want before going in. Tons of threads on prime about alignment. In my experience, tires, tire pressure, and alignment is about the best thing you can do to improve handling on the car but you have to know what you want and how you want the car to perform. Is it track day yet? :biggrin:

You and Darin can banter about the specs in person and you can tell him your driving style and he'll tell you to increase/decrease this or that spec proportionately and by how much. That's where his value is.

When I first got my car I went to him asking for an "Aggressive Street" setup w/o knowing any better. It was far far too conservative for me I later realized but that's not his fault.

Take note of your spec when done and try to get it in degress so you know how to adjust later to better cater your driving style. He'll give it to you in inches and most of the threads on Prime as well as Hawk laser alignment machines give it in degrees. The conversion is a pain in the ass.

Then again.. if you don't plan to drive aggressively any street alignment that maximizes tire wear will be ok for you.

Personally the increase in rear toe is worth the tire wear :) esp if you're not running non-compliance stuff back there.

Alignment threads (but this for aggressive track setups)
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157392
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146248
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122894
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113537

I have the H&R springs on mine.... and my inner toe wears like crazy, destroyed a pair in 1000 miles.

I'm still not sure what to do as everyone on here has told me the toe can't be adjusted?

I have the H&R springs on mine.... and my inner toe wears like crazy, destroyed a pair in 1000 miles.

I'm still not sure what to do as everyone on here has told me the toe can't be adjusted?

nonsense toe can and should be adjusted based on your handling preference/desire for tire longevity.

Alignment alignment alignment.....change your suspension setting....repeat again....

Also make sure get it from the person who knows nsx who really handled a slammed suspension.

Same story here: kw v3 slammed and 500miles max.

nonsense toe can and should be adjusted based on your handling preference/desire for tire longevity.

I think what I was getting at is, it's probably already maxed out. Does that sound right?

I think what I was getting at is, it's probably already maxed out. Does that sound right?
If you've maxed out your toe as in the front of your rear tires are pointed in towards the center of of the car then there you go! A lot of toe like that will go thru tires like no other. It'll be plenty stable in the 1/4 track though...

0 toe will get the best tire wear but performance is compromised.

toe is expressed as mm or deg of angulation along the long axis of the car,so as stated 0 toe will give the least scrub to the contact patch of your tire.

when I first got my NSX 3 years ago I was going thru tires every 3 months

so I changed to BF Goodrich FireTread I still drive the same as before but I have had the tires like 8 months now still perfect tread.

tried Nitto NT555 nope they suck

tried them all

but by far the longest lasting tire I have had is my BF goodrich Firetread

and I redline from stop sign to stopsign and take corners at break neck speeds like Im tring to prove something to the world.

try them out you will like.

you may not like the price though LOL

Adrian wtf... Call me man, I'll help you out.. I have BFG KDW G-Force on my whip for about 6k miles now and they look brand new.

I bet they look brand new on the outside edge. Look closer on the inside edge and (if you have the correct alignment specs) you'll see that they are worn pretty extensively.

If they aren't worn then your alignment is probably zeroed out, a condition I would highly suggest against on the NSX.

Back