• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yet more wheel questions...

Since Dazz Matiz do not come in 17 or 18, neither does Axis Se7en, i've decided to go with the 3 piece Racing Hart M5.. not quite sure yet if they offer gun metal spokes, with the polished lip, but i can always powder coat them. Can someone offer me some advice on the best dimensions for front and rear, please? I am going with 17 up front and 18 in the rear. Not sure which width and offset to ask for. I know this is an answer I could have probably found by searching, but I think every wheel thread I read has different info. Thanks in advance for the help. Here's a shot of the wheel:
supra_1682_3674085

------------------
1992 NSX

Your car is beautiful the way it is. Why do you want to change it?? I love the Type-R look you have now. Oh well, to each his own.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

well thanks... This weekend at Hot Import Nights, with SNDSOUL and his car hanging around, i just cant resist doing some more mods to my car. I want 17/18 wheels, and I have the WW kit on the way.. Not sure how that kit would look on the car with 16/17s, but we shall see.
smile.gif

------------------
1992 NSX

hey Dave, how's it goin? Get in touch with me, I need to talk with you some more on the show deal. We should be coming to B.R. this weekend(Lightning Motorsports); want to do some dyno runs with the juice and my friends supercharged NSX.email me SNDSOUL @aol.com

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
Since Dazz Matiz do not come in 17 or 18, neither does Axis Se7en, i've decided to go with the 3 piece Racing Hart M5.. not quite sure yet if they offer gun metal spokes, with the polished lip, but i can always powder coat them.
Good idea - powdercoat them WHITE
can someone offer me some advice on the best dimensions for front and rear, please? I am going with 17 up front and 18 in the rear.

I went with 215/40/17 on 7" wide rims (TSW Revo) up front and 255/35/18 on 8" wide rims in the rear. I have been very happy with the look (I will try to post some pictures soon). My car has been lowered approx 1 1/4" with Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

I think your car looks great (if that's your car in your avatar) but think white wheels would look much better than gunmetal gray on a white car. The Racing Hart wheel you pictured is very nice looking.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
Since Dazz Matiz do not come in 17 or 18, neither does Axis Se7en,...

I believe the Axis Se7en does come in 17/18 but I'm not sure if those sizes are available in their 3-Piece design. Check here.

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 08 May 2002).]

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
powdercoat them WHITE

White wheels are a b*tch to keep looking decent. It's the worst color for hiding brake dust buildup.

No, whats WORSE, is living in this HUMID La climate, and having rotors that contain rusted edges. After you get your car nice and clean, you dont realize that the rotors are holding nice brown rusty water, until you drive down the road and have it slung all over your nice clean white wheels. Since you stopped a few times and got them hot, the brown water dries to a nice hard rusty finish. Gotta love that...

------------------
1992 NSX

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
White wheels are a b*tch to keep looking decent. It's the worst color for hiding brake dust buildup.

Ken, You mean you don't wipe down your wheels after every time you drive your NSX?
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I often wipe my wheels down with Griot's Garage Speed Shine in between washings. I thought the powdercoating might make wipedowns easier. I agree that white wheels are the hardest to keep clean (just like black NSXs) but when they ARE clean they look the best (just like black NSXs)
smile.gif
Just my opinion, but I think gunmetal gray looks dirty even when they are spotless.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Back