• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You Guys Interested in Running With The Lotus Guys?

Over the winter months I picked up a 1987 Turbo Esprit. Now the Lotus Guys are asking me if we can do a cruize with the NSX Club.

What do you think...are you interested ?

Any ideas where we could go (CT, MA, Southern, NH)..do you have any room left in the calendar for another driving event?

Since you are located up in NH you might want to contact Tiger Nsx he runs with a local club up there with a vaiety of cars. If you are on Fchat you might also look up Nabbs who organizes alot of cruise up in your area.

My neighbor down the street has an Esprit, but he keeps it down at his West Palm house. He would probably love to ride shotgun with me in the NSX if we hooked up with some Lotus guys.
Jesse

Jeff,

There are a couple guys up here in Dover that have Esprits (90 silver and 97ish red). I use to work with one of them, maybe I could drag him out. Not sure if you know the guy with the red one, but have him contact me if you do.

John

Jeff Torrey said:
Over the winter months I picked up a 1987 Turbo Esprit. Now the Lotus Guys are asking me if we can do a cruize with the NSX Club.

What do you think...are you interested ?

Any ideas where we could go (CT, MA, Southern, NH)..do you have any room left in the calendar for another driving event?

heya jeff, a viper and a lotus now? nice..... we could always do a run through the mountains in VT up to my buddy's italian restaurant in burlington, vt (www.boves.com). he's more of a bike guy but at least has a 350z (his brother on the other hand has or had a 993tt). sort of a long drive but the food is worth it :).

Rob- I am up for a ride out to VT. I have no trouble finding Lotus people to go with me. But in all of New England I think there are only like 25 cars. So if we could get a joint event going it could be fun. If wasn't really my idea, but because of the work we did together last year at the car show. They asked me to ask you :wink:

Thanks,-Jeff

OK, well if this works for you, I'm willing to set the route and write up a route plan and set up things with the restaurant. It will have to be a saturday (they're closed Sun and Mon). So pick a date and gather the cars :).

Hey John, never realized you were in Dover, I've probably seen you around in Portsmouth before (I run into a black every now and then, never while in my NSX though :))

Jeff, any idea what sort of numbers we're looking at? I'm talking to my Bove's buddy and there's a possibility he might be willing to open the place for just us on a Sunday.

Rob- I figure 10-12 cars between the Esprit and Elise Guys.

John- I saw you one day in downtown Portsmouth, I was driving the Viper and about 3 cars behind you...trying to get beside you. Then you made a right turn I was in the middle go straight only lane.

ok, im talking to him about opening the restaurant on a sunday for just us and perhaps co-sponsoring along with a local acura dealer to provide shirts and such.... unfortunately the nearest lotus dealership is 300 miles away, so no help there. i'll give you an idea of dates and such once i determine if it's worth his while to do a sunday. perhaps we could work out a menu in advance and have people pay up front. the one thing about this place is it's CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. when my wife and i eat there, the bill is usually around $12-$14! the food kills anything in the north end.

Rob- WOW, those guidelines work for me. I think Sunday would be better, but whatever we can work out... I'm there. There is a Lotus Dealership in Watham, MA

-Jeff

You guys rock. Jeff, you da man! Looking forward to running with you guys.

I met TigerNSX at the 12/12/04 run in Boston. And Steve Baker would be the guy up in NH with the red '97 Esprit V8.

-Will
Red '03 Esprit V8

still working on the restaurant details, i should have something definitive tomorrow. the day i'm thinking of is either saturday, may 14th or the 21st. there's an auto show in the area on sunday may 15th that im trying to get more info on in case anyone is looking for an excuse to stay the evening.

Jeff & Rob,

Let me know when your up on the seacoast. We can get together for a nice drive up 1A.

Lotus Man,

If you ever talk to Steve send me a PM here and I will give you my contact info. I ran into him about a week after I got my NSX a couple years ago at a light in Somersworth. He was in his daily driver, but we talked a bit at the light. Its funny the guy that has the silver Esprit was with me. I had taken him out for a ride to return the favor since he took me out in his Esprit the year before.

thats great joe! ok so we have at least 3 nsx people, the deal with the food is this:

the menu is here:
http://www.boves.com/restaurant/menu.html

you can order anything you want off the menu, free refills on soda, giant salad for each table and all you can eat bread for $17 per person which includes tip and tax (11% in VT!!)

I'm working on the shirt pricing now. Gotta have shirts for a drive!! :) I'm hoping to keep them around $5 or less after they've been subsidized (hopefully) by Boves, Acura and Lotus.

I will be there as long as it's not early or late May.
Please let me know how I can help you organize the event.

caz-nsx: PM sent!

robr: Steve Smith with a black '95 Lotus Esprit S4s lives on Plum Island/Newbury...you ever see him around?

TigerNSX: Catch you soon!

Lotus Man said:
caz-nsx: PM sent!

robr: Steve Smith with a black '95 Lotus Esprit S4s lives on Plum Island/Newbury...you ever see him around?

TigerNSX: Catch you soon!

actually i have seen the car parked in front of a house on PI, in fact i'm moving to plum island on august 1st.

Just an update, this event is a GO, a PDF will be available very shortly and US mail will be sent out hopefully on Monday with the info as well. The date is Saturday, July 23rd, 2005.

Here's the quick synopsis:

We will be traveling some scenic, twisty roads to Burlington, VT for dinner at Bove’s Italian Restaurant We will stop along the way for a relaxing tour of the Ben & Jerry’s Factory and at other picturesque locations.

After dinner, you can choose to head home or check out the many local shops and spend the night in Burlington or a nearby 5 star Spa/Resort.

We will meet at the Hooksett, NH rest area on Route 93 north of Exit 11 after 9am and will depart promptly at 10am (please arrive with a full gas tank). Route maps and an itinerary will be provided at the departure point.

The registration fee is $25 per person and includes dinner, tax and tip.

Back