• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You know the world has changed when...

Three Korean Women leave a pile of dishes for a Filipino Man:tongue:

Boy, this kind of ticked me off the next morning. The night before, my sister-in-laws brought their friend over for dinner at my house. I'd been taking care of my two kids the whole day since my wife was sick. I was so tired I fell asleep before finishing my dinner and just crashed in my bedroom after putting my little ones to bed. The next morning, low and behold I saw a S***full pile of dishes in the sink. I was like... DAMN!!! inconsiderates... I didn't even really invite them to come with their friend. Don't get me wrong, I do my fair share of work around the house, but My Mother in law would have freaked if she knew what their daughters did. Anyways, thought it was funny afterwards how times had changed.

I can't stand when people put dishes in the sink. It blocks the use of the sink.

I do a lot of kidding around on here but this is serious, I use plastic plates, cups and bowls for almost every meal and throw them away afterwards.

Welcome to America (equal rights!)

It is rude that they left all their dishes for you to clean. Maybe they forgot.. or maybe they felt they were doing a good deed by bringing their dirty dishes to the sink.

If they're attractive, it might make you feel better if you post their picture.

I can't stand when people put dishes in the sink. It blocks the use of the sink.

I do a lot of kidding around on here but this is serious, I use plastic plates, cups and bowls for almost every meal and throw them away afterwards.

Might I recommend that you consider ecoproducts? It might help to reduce the amount of landfill crap that has your name on it.:biggrin:

Actually, they all had something in common...all three of them are divorced. The Korean men from their generation could not put up w/ equal rights.
:tongue:
and all are attractive even in their forty's.

Welcome to America (equal rights!)

It is rude that they left all their dishes for you to clean. Maybe they forgot.. or maybe they felt they were doing a good deed by bringing their dirty dishes to the sink.

If they're attractive, it might make you feel better if you post their picture.

Three Korean Women leave a pile of dishes for a Filipino Man:tongue:

Boy, this kind of ticked me off the next morning. The night before, my sister-in-laws brought their friend over for dinner at my house. I'd been taking care of my two kids the whole day since my wife was sick. I was so tired I fell asleep before finishing my dinner and just crashed in my bedroom after putting my little ones to bed. The next morning, low and behold I saw a S***full pile of dishes in the sink. I was like... DAMN!!! inconsiderates... I didn't even really invite them to come with their friend. Don't get me wrong, I do my fair share of work around the house, but My Mother in law would have freaked if she knew what their daughters did. Anyways, thought it was funny afterwards how times had changed.

Man- you mean your guests didn't do the dishes? That IS frustrating. I always insist that my dinner guests do their own dishes, and if they have time to clean the windows, I urge them to do that too. If they have children I keep them busy sewing fake designer clothing in our sweatshop downstairs.

You know, I also find it frustrating as hell when my pregnant wife tries to put on shoes and leave the kitchen. I mean, damn it! Know your place!

also

If she walks ahead of me in public again I am just going to lose it...

:biggrin: I am just having a little fun with you. I know cultures differ, and your sister in laws behavior may seem shocking to you. It just doesn't seem that far out of place to me

SteveNY- I hate dishes in the sink too- especially when the dishwasher is right next to the sink. Drives me nuts.

P

Actually my sister in laws come over most every week. It just surprised me that they didn't have common sense to wash the dishes after "they" ate and finished.
Can you imagine the Korean men from last generation that marry an "americanized" korean woman? I've seen my brother in law and his wife. I can tell you, asian woman growing up in america has escaped that type of "cultural" difference.

plus!!! it wasn't just in the sink. The pots they used to cook and cups and dishes were stacked on the outside of the sink because the sink was soo full.

Man- you mean your guests didn't do the dishes? That IS frustrating. I always insist that my dinner guests do their own dishes, and if they have time to clean the windows, I urge them to do that too. If they have children I keep them busy sewing fake designer clothing in our sweatshop downstairs.

You know, I also find it frustrating as hell when my pregnant wife tries to put on shoes and leave the kitchen. I mean, damn it! Know your place!

also

If she walks ahead of me in public again I am just going to lose it...

:biggrin: I am just having a little fun with you. I know cultures differ, and your sister in laws behavior may seem shocking to you. It just doesn't seem that far out of place to me

SteveNY- I hate dishes in the sink too- especially when the dishwasher is right next to the sink. Drives me nuts.

P

Last edited:
Might I recommend that you consider ecoproducts? It might help to reduce the amount of landfill crap that has your name on it.:biggrin:

I am the least green person I know. I bet 7 to 8 bags of trash go out of this house every day. For the apartments we fill 3 to 4... 40 yard dumpsters a week with crap that gets left behind by tenants. I don't seperate any of it and I don't recycle. There is a 5 cent deposit on cans here in NY. I throw them all in the trash. :eek:

I am the least green person I know. I bet 7 to 8 bags of trash go out of this house every day. For the apartments we fill 3 to 4... 40 yard dumpsters a week with crap that gets left behind by tenants. I don't seperate any of it and I don't recycle. There is a 5 cent deposit on cans here in NY. I throw them all in the trash. :eek:

Tsk Tsk!

P

If you ever meet her, don't tell my wife.... she'll flip! She just wrote an article about recycling tips for some local magazine. Each week we probably have 2-3 bags of trash (one garbage bin) and 1 big ass bin of plastic and a couple of boxes filled with cardboard and paper.

The biggest waste I saw was the company downstairs. They used to get palettes and palettes of cardboard boxes all bundled up. They'd off load the truck, wait for it to drive away, then promptly tossed them all in the trash. They even had a big 40' dumpster delivered because there were too many to throw in their regular dumpster. I was trying to figure out a way to recover, store and resell them, boxes are EXPENSIVE if you try to buy them. They finally stopped doing that though.

If you ever meet her, don't tell my wife.... she'll flip! She just wrote an article about recycling tips for some local magazine. Each week we probably have 2-3 bags of trash (one garbage bin) and 1 big ass bin of plastic and a couple of boxes filled with cardboard and paper.

The biggest waste I saw was the company downstairs. They used to get palettes and palettes of cardboard boxes all bundled up. They'd off load the truck, wait for it to drive away, then promptly tossed them all in the trash. They even had a big 40' dumpster delivered because there were too many to throw in their regular dumpster. I was trying to figure out a way to recover, store and resell them, boxes are EXPENSIVE if you try to buy them. They finally stopped doing that though.

Even more expensive then those boxes is the time to screw around with them. :biggrin:

I refuse to spend my time washing out tuna fish cans and having bottle rolling around in the garage attracting flies, and picking up paper and boxes that blow around because they weren't thrown away. Away is a good place for anything I don't want anymore. Where away is I don't even know.:biggrin:

Wow, feel like this thread went to another subject...

Probably more interesting than my whinning...lol:biggrin:

Being of Korean ancestry, I know exactly what you are talking about. The Korean girls nowadays are nowhere near what they were in my mom's generation. My parents just shake their heads when this happens. My best friend hooked up with a Korean girl in Korea. He brought her over to the states and I see her from time to time. I just cannot believe her manners, especially from someone coming from Korea. I know that most people do not understand your post, but I certainly do. You are absolutely right when you say times have certainly changed.

Last edited:

I use paper towels and the counter top.

Last edited:
Actually, they all had something in common...all three of them are divorced. The Korean men from their generation could not put up w/ equal rights.
:tongue:
and all are attractive even in their forty's.

No matter how hot a girl is, there is always someone, somewhere that is tired of putting up with her $@%#.

No matter how hot a girl is, there is always someone, somewhere that is tired of putting up with her $@%#.

Or sick of banging her. AHEm...excuse the language.

Sooo true...
My filipino friends all kid that they want to find a nice girl from the Philippines since some are HOT as hell, but they dont carry the attitude as the ones in the states.:biggrin:
I think some of the members here might understand the differences that we talk about here.
My Korean friend went to NY and he was talking to some girls in a club. He sees a new girl that was friends w/ that girl he had a good conversation w/ and asked what her name was. She freakin *pushed" him and was so out of line. WOW! I thought. WTF are these girls about these days?!:confused:
This guy is a gentleman, but I've sparred and fought w/ him and this guy will hurt you w/ his flying kicks, but when a woman acts that way towards you, all you can really do is backoff. Unless they have a knife or a gun.:eek: That's when the chivalry sh** goes out the door.

Being of Korean ancestry, I know exactly what you are talking about. The Korean girls nowadays are nowhere near what they were in my mom's generation. My parents just shake their heads when this happens. My best friend hooked up with a Korean girl in Korea. He brought her over to the states and I see her from time to time. I just cannot believe her manners, especially from someone coming from Korea. I know that most people do not understand your post, but I certainly do. You are absolutely right when you say times have certainly changed.

Last edited:
Back