• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Your easiest ipod, iphone, blackberry, MP3 solution.

For guys that want something with no install. Should work with any phone, any MP3. Give you hands free on your phone and all your music. Frequency response on tape deck is great so this is a much better solution than FM adaptors, etc.

$36 on sale. Get them while you can.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H7dV7g5G45U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/iDeck-Integrated-Cassette-iPod-Adapter/4310918/product.html

While i dont use a tape often, does the NSX eject the tape automatically when the car is turned off? I know some do but not sure about the NSX.

If I remember correctly either Grom or USA Spec ipod link (under $100) has an aux port to make things easier.

This is quicker for those who dont want to remove the console or the b pillar, or remove anything for that matter. Plug and go.

This is just a wired tape adapter that is overpriced too. It doesn't hold the unit in place, It doesn't charge the device, it doesn't even use the correct output off the phone for audio out.

You are certainly correct. However, I just place my iPod in the ashtray (with the ashtray insert removed) and start a playlist. I don't plan on fiddling with my iPod while driving. The volume is adjusted using the radio, after you turn the iPod volume down to a very low level. If I was using a smart phone or another device, I probably wouldn't use either of these "cassette" adapters.

Last edited:
You are certainly correct. However, I just place my iPod in the ashtray (with the ashtray insert removed) and start a playlist. I don't plan on fiddling with my iPod while driving. The volume is adjusted using the radio, after you turn the iPod volume down to a very low level. If I was using a smart phone or another device, I probably wouldn't use either of these "cassette" adapters.

I am not trying to argue with you, but there are a lot of guys looking for an easy no installation solution. There was a 6 page thread regarding auxilary input for the factory unit. I am trying to be helpful to those guys, who are not technical, that this is a great solution for them. When you say "I wouldn't use this" or "I just do this" or show a simple cassette adaptor, it confuses the thread because then they start thinking "oh, maybe something is wrong with what turbo2go is suggesting". Please be mindful of how what you say can have an effect on the point of the thread.

FWIW, a cassette head has a frequency response of around 30-17 KHz with stereo seperation around 40 db. This is MUCH Better than any FM transmitters if not quite as good as hardwiring and installing a unit. Probably good enough for a lot of people already happy with the Bose system.

Your ipod in the coin tray is what I have been doing with my phone and a cassette adaptor for years, but it is not a very clean solution. For an extra $10, this unit is much much cleaner. It also places a mic in front for phone calls.

Back