• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Z4M vs NSX

NSX NA1 Owner (Oman) - JH4NA1159MT000827

Hello NSXPrimers,

I would love to introduce my self or my cars, but first please understand that English is not my first language so bare with me if you are interested in reading.

I have owned a 2006 BMW Z4M Coupe (the one which has the M3 engine and only 6-speed manual) for almost 5 years. I have modded it and tuned it sometimes by my self. It has plenty of mods from Varis VRS CF aero parts to CF air intake manifold CSL style. A stock US Z4M produces 333hp, but I got mine up to 365 as an estimate. Its a one angry car with high revving engine. Anyways this is not a bimmer forums.

I knew I am high revving addicted person, as my brother had a yellow S2K AP2 before the Z4M and I used to love the sound of the engine and the high revs. The same was for the Z4M.

7 months ago I bought my 1991 Acura NSX. Its a 5-speed manual red/black. The "Senna" option. Its stock and has relatively low miles 49k. Its VIN is JH4NA1159MT000827. I have no clue about its history since I bought the car from a guy who is a classics collector from Dubai and owns about 15 cars mostly Porsches 911's. He did tell me that he replaced the clutch, engine oil, gearbox oil and spark plugs. Obviously its a US spec and came from the US to some country? then Dubai then I brought it to my country Oman. I would appreciate if someone knows history info or know any previous owners. I don't need a CarFax.

Since I bought it or before even, I spent my time reading on this forum which helped me when I came to inspect the car and got relieved when I found its out of the snap ring range issue. There are only 3 NSX's in my country including mine. One blue auto (got painted white recently) which came from Dubai also before my car few weeks, and another green rumored to be brought in the 90's for Sultan of Oman.

My NSX drives fine, it does NOT feel like a 25 years old car. I have never driven a Mid Engine car before and this is my first. The exotic status comes with the car is nice, at my place people don't know the car and think its a Ferrari, but that's not the main reason I bought it, as I love to drive it. Honestly, sometimes I regret driving the NSX. Why? Because it's an extremely nice car to drive and sometimes I regret driving it on the street, though it's a lot comfortable than my Z4M but I believe it belongs to the track. You rarely can find a sports car like this. That doesn't mean I am not driving it and keeping as a garage queen like the previous owner which got shocked when I floored it when test drove it. I do drive it to enjoy it, but unfortunately there are no tracks in my country (except for a gokart one), the nearest is Dubai Autodrome or AbuDhabi Yas Marina, which both are about 500km far from my home, but I do plan to go there someday.

I used to enjoy the Z4M on the street cause it easy to control and do out of the corner drifts. Before the NSX I bought a 98 Toyota Supra Turbo 6 speed manual but I sold it for a good deal. My Z4M is in the process of getting sold currently, hopefully everything runs smooth. The NSX is a high speed cornering machine, you can feel it from the chassis!

Enough unorganized talk by me and here are some pictures:

First day under my home parking shade:
attachment.php

My friends Supra next to my NSX with the Dim lights on, it has LED and they work as turn signals also:
attachment.php

Sometimes the brake lights looks like this but not always:
attachment.php

Look at how the LED scatter wrongly at night:
attachment.php

With new Enkei Kojin Wheels installed:
attachment.php

Engine bay look stock, clean?
attachment.php

Picture at public parking:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Old stock Alpine Headunit to be installed, just because I love center big knob:
attachment.php

With Fusion Door speakers, I removed the stock Bose door speakers and subwoofer with the amps, two door speakers are enough for me.
attachment.php

A lot of work has been done here, when I bought it the center console was cut brutally and wrong with a Chinese headunit through in. So I bought a double mounting kit from SOS. I painted the center console and sides also with custom matte grey. The OEM shift boot was in bad condition so I did a new one custom at a leather shop. I also bought the shift knob from SOS as it had an ebay shift knob.
attachment.php

Enkei Kojin Front 17x8 ET35 215/40 Rear 18x9.5 ET30 255/35. I could not find any decent tires for my front 17 at profile 40, but 45 there were plenty, so I had to go with Nixxen Korean tires all around, not even same pattern.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Can anyone confirm to me if this exhaust is OEM?
attachment.php

I have the this common issue as well, but trunk is dry:
attachment.php

With the poor Z4M sitting aside:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for seeing my thread.

Attachments

• PicsArt_04-04-06.01.55.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.01.55.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 777
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.02.45.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.02.45.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 769
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.03.36.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.03.36.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 767
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.04.00.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.04.00.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 771
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.04.47.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.04.47.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 768
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.06.06.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.06.06.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 770
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.06.44.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.06.44.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 777
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.07.16.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.07.16.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 783
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.07.53.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.07.53.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 777
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.08.23.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.08.23.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 772
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.08.54.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.08.54.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 769
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.09.26.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.09.26.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 778
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.09.50.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.09.50.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 776
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.11.38.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.11.38.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 779
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.12.16.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.12.16.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 769
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.12.38.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.12.38.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 772
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.13.00.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.13.00.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 770
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.13.20.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.13.20.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 770
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.13.40.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.13.40.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 764
  • PicsArt_04-04-06.14.11.jpg
    PicsArt_04-04-06.14.11.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
Primers, My ALB (ABS) is deleted and removed. Does it make a difference if I want to upgrade to new NA2 ABS or Type-R?

welcome, you're going to love the car. i also had a bmw, an e90 m3,great car,but never enjoyed it like the NSX. i am happy with the NSX, and feel no need for another sports car. the newer ABS upgrade is a great improvement as was stated, I don't think the delete would prevent installing it because it replaces most of the braking system. since you don't have records,you should do the tb/wp promptly,you don't want the timing belt to break. if it was mine i would also do all of the hoses,they could be 25 years old. just know there are 23 of them.this is a great forum, a lot of smart and knowledgeable folks, hang around on here and you will learn a lot.enjoy!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your purchase! The exhaust looks very much like Comtech's, but they stamp their logo on the side of the muffler tip, so I can only assume it to be a generic brand, aftermarket exhaust (but I could be wrong).

I already saw this. Im just trying to weigh my options between na2 and typeR abs.

- - - Updated - - -

welcome, you're going to love the car. i also had a bmw, an e90 m3,great car,but never enjoyed it like the NSX. i am happy with the NSX, and feel no need for another sports car. the newer ABS upgrade is a great improvement as was stated, I don't think the delete would prevent installing it because it replaces most of the braking system. since you don't have records,you should do the tb/wp promptly,you don't want the timing belt to break. if it was mine i would also do all of the hoses,they could be 25 years old. just know there are 23 of them.this is a great forum, a lot of smart and knowledgeable folks, hang around on here and you will learn a lot.enjoy!

Im already in love with it lol.:biggrin::biggrin:
How can i inspect timing belt and water pump?
Hoses look like they just came from factory.

here is a pic my deleted alb.
attachment.php
attachment.php

It is a great forum but as newbie to nsx i feel scared little.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations on your purchase! The exhaust looks very much like Comtech's, but they stamp their logo on the side of the muffler tip, so I can only assume it to be a generic brand, aftermarket exhaust (but I could be wrong).

Thanks. Most probably its generic as you say, because i am not able to find any stamps. But its sounds nice and quite.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 529
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 528
i don't know of any way to just check a timing belt,and on this car it's recommended to always replace the wp when you do the tb.it's pretty much that way with most cars,because you have already done the labor, but more so with this one because the labor to do a TB is more than on many cars. So again,if you don't have proof that it was done, then the safe thing is to do it.
as far as hoses, I know it's hard to tell the condition from the outside, but if they look brand new it's obviously your decision.

asir_nsx Welcome. You have a beautiful NSX. The exhaust looks custom like someone took an aftermarket muffler and built it. The NSX is a joy to drive. Hope to see more pictures.

i don't know of any way to just check a timing belt,and on this car it's recommended to always replace the wp when you do the tb.it's pretty much that way with most cars,because you have already done the labor, but more so with this one because the labor to do a TB is more than on many cars. So again,if you don't have proof that it was done, then the safe thing is to do it.
as far as hoses, I know it's hard to tell the condition from the outside, but if they look brand new it's obviously your decision.

i think i will do both as you say. Its safer.

asir_nsx Welcome. You have a beautiful NSX. The exhaust looks custom like someone took an aftermarket muffler and built it. The NSX is a joy to drive. Hope to see more pictures.

thanks. Hope they will fit with ksp headers as i plan.

question for all: does my tail lights seem to be darker jdm except for center one as i think?

I was about to pull the trigger on a blue Z4M but I just bought a 2005 Long Beach Blue NSX instead, I will definitely add a Z4M to my collection of Z3 M coupe, 1M & M2.

Good luck with your NSX, great choice.

I was about to pull the trigger on a blue Z4M but I just bought a 2005 Long Beach Blue NSX instead, I will definitely add a Z4M to my collection of Z3 M coupe, 1M & M2.

Good luck with your NSX, great choice.

Congrats on your purchase. Details/pics on the LBBP please.

Back