• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zaino and wax not the normal question

I just finished appling my Zaino. This stuff is great!! My question is has anyone tried putting a coat of wax over the top of the Zaino as a protectant?

Why would you want to do that? You couldn't apply more Zaino over the wax.

Zaino is a synthetic protectant that is much better than conventional waxes.

You can always apply more Zaino.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Thanks Jim,
But I have read that Zaino is not a protectant. This is why I ask the question.

One more question,
Has anyone used the excelarator? Any difference in the effect? Just looking for a way to not make this an all day event.

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:
But I have read that Zaino is not a protectant. This is why I ask the question.

From www.zainobros.com

"Z-2 polish is a true paint protectant designed to replace traditional waxes. It will give your paint finish total environmental protection and is the only protectant you will ever need. It will offer more protection than any wax in the industry.... You will see!!! Nothing sticks to Zaino Show Car polish. It will outperform, outprotect, outshine and outlast anything on the market today. Guaranteed!"

------------------
BobsYT
2000 Red/Black #81

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:

One more question,
Has anyone used the excelarator? Any difference in the effect? Just looking for a way to not make this an all day event.
The ZFX added to my shine. I have about 4 coats of Z2 + ZFX over about 50 coats of straight Z5 & Z2. I think each coat adds a little but I believe I'm at the limit. Car looks fantastic.

You MUST use very sparingly. Thin is good. I can do my entire car with about 3/4 oz of the combo (Z2/ZFX)

[This message has been edited by tabasco (edited 10 March 2002).]

50 coats your a nut
smile.gif

Thanks for the info guys, I think I need to buy the accelerator, the waiting just bugs me. Looks great though, I don't think the shine Zaino gives can be beat.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 10 March 2002).]

The ZFX added to my shine. I have about 4 coats of Z2 + ZFX over about 50 coats of straight Z5 & Z2. I think each coat adds a little but I believe I'm at the limit. Car looks fantastic.

You MUST use very sparingly. Thin is good. I can do my entire car with about 3/4 oz of the combo (Z2/ZFX)

[This message has been edited by tabasco (edited 10 March 2002).][/B][/QUOTE]

Tabasco,

50+ Coats!!! WOW!!!

Just curious...does this much wax add "dead" weight to the car? Is it possible that too many coats would increase 0-60 times?

Please let me know. Thanks!

The thickness of the Zaino layers, even 50 layers, should be very thin indeed - probably much, much less than a thousandth of a inch.

I can't imagine the thickness and resultant weight to be anything of any significance. You apply very little to begin with, and then you remove most of the dried haze afterwards.

I think this is similar to asking if going to the bathroom would decrease one's 0-60 times.

And in this case the weight difference would be much less, I'm betting less than an ounce.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by dudro:

...50+ Coats!!! WOW!!!

Just curious...does this much wax add "dead" weight to the car? Is it possible that too many coats would increase 0-60 times?...

I have used about 3 bottles of a variety of Z's. That's about a pound and a half. I eat more than that for lunch.

I truly believe each coat gives additional luster, but as I said earlier, I think I'm at the limit. Sal Zaino told me to drive the car and wash it occasionally to remove a slight amount. The wind friction from driving must remove some of the wax, I don't know.

But I will tell you this car looks like a wet pool of blue water. It's phenomenal.

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black, #264

Back