• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zaino Z-PC: If you have swirl marks - look no further....

I’ve seen a few threads asking about Z-PC, and wanted to share a recent detail I found on the net.

For years, visual imperfections such as swirl marks, scuffs, scratches and buffer holograms were the scourge of perfectionists everywhere. They infected vehicles without any discrimination - show cars, daily drivers, imports, domestics and custom vehicles all suffered.

The shop absolutely hammered it with a rotary (the entire car). It sits outside 24 x 7, and the glaze the shop used wore off quick and left one of the worse looking hack jobs that I've ever seen.

BEFORE PICTURES:

Keep1.jpg

Keep4.jpg

Keep2.jpg

Prep-Work:
Dawn Wash
Clay bar

Polish:
Zaino Z-PC with a machine polisher
I’m pretty impressed that Z-PC was able to tackle black paint in such poor condition.

Protection:
Z-6 (wipe down)
Z-AIO All-in-one (emulsifying cleaner, very mild abrasive & "primer-base")
Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish (for Swirl Marks & Fine Scratches)
Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes (for the "wet" look)
Z-CS Clear Seal (for the paint, glass, trim, wheels and lighting)
Z16 for the tires.

AFTER PICTURES:

After-5.jpg

After-1.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

NOTE: Zaino Z-PC Fusion IS ABRASIVE and should only be used when necessary. Z-PC Fusion is not intended for frequent use.

It's the world's first (and only) true, self-dissolving, fused tri-particulate, diminishing abrasive system. It works equally well when used by hand or machine, making it as versatile as it is effective! Just wipe it on, work it in (either by hand or machine) and wipe it off.

Unlike other paint prep products that are typically loaded with cheap oils and fillers, the water-based formula of Zaino Z-PC Fusion requires no washing afterward - just apply and remove Zaino Z-PC Fusion and go straight to applying your favorite Zaino protectant. Further, there's virtually no effort required to apply and remove Zaino Z-PC Fusion.

Z-PC.jpg

Last edited:
Holy shit... MAGICAL resurrection. Really really great work!

Looks great! Nice job. What type of pad did you use with the machine buffer?

I tried Z-PC by hand a few months ago on my Miata and didn't get very impressive results. Then I bought the Porter Cable and used a different product for swirl removal. If you can get results like this with Z-PC and machine application, that's another product to add back in to my arsenal of detailing supplies vs. swirls.

Is this a permanent fix or do the swirls come back once the wax wears off?

Just got the stuff last week. Spent the day waxing my 06 M45...fell in love with it all over again.
Thanks Bat.

Sorry no pics to back it up. Was too excited when the FedEx truck came to deliver.

u do it by hand or had a polishing machine?

How did you do yours?
I was thinking of paying a professional to do my NSX after I get the front and left side of it painted. You results look pretty amazing but I know there is some skill involved in repairing swirls and spider webs.

I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Tool...UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1258497750&sr=8-1-spell

$57 shipped. It works just as good as the Professional-Grade $250+ ones from Makita, Dewalt, etc.

I used the highest speed for trouble areas and then dialed it down to 1200 - 1700 rpm's to ensure the best result for the finishing polish. The weight of the polisher was good enough for horizontal surfaces.

If your paint is borderline and you are not confident in your abilities, then the orbiter is pretty much retard-proof.

This is suppose to be the best one on the market:

http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1258497875&sr=1-1

$173.00

Random orbiters are the safest route for beginners and novice.

OceanBluePorsch-ImolaRedM5079.jpg

OceanBluePorsch-ImolaRedM5415.jpg

OceanBluePorsch-ImolaRedM5077.jpg

OceanBluePorsch-ImolaRedM5423.jpg

OceanBluePorsch-ImolaRedM5249.jpg

OceanBluePorsch-ImolaRedM5252.jpg

Last edited:
Yep that's what I used the PC. Very easy to use. I have not build up the confidence yet to use other high speed buffers.

I'm very happy with it. None of my 4 cars have swirls= many many hours in the garage.:biggrin:

How abrasive is PC? My paint is in about the same condition as the blue porsche in the above pictures. There is definite spiderwebbing everywhere, but its nothing that can be felt. I definitely need to claybar though.

How abrasive is PC? My paint is in about the same condition as the blue porsche in the above pictures. There is definite spiderwebbing everywhere, but its nothing that can be felt. I definitely need to claybar though.

It's a safe unit to use. It orbits so pretty hard to burn into the paint. Go to youtube for some basic instructional videos.

If you have what the Porsche has, then Z-PC with the Porter Cable random orbiter is pretty dummy-proof.

You will yield results that will floor you.

It's a worthy investment for the NSX and future cars.

Of course you can get both that and the rotating polisher.

Both are in the link above.

I have a craftsman orbital polisher, but that thing scares me just turning it on. It oscillates, and has some magnetic thingy that keeps it from gyroscoping out of control...but it still feels like its out of control. Anyways, ok. Z-PC and Z5 is what I'm feeling...however, if Z-PC removes the scratches, then maybe just Z2 after Z-PC is in order. Then, just keep applying Z2 every so often, and I feel like it should be ok...I read that Z-PC should NOT be used often. Just a one time thing really. Thanks for the tips.

I'm thinking of just doing this by hand, and using PC, and following up with Z-5 and Z-2. No ZAIO anymore. I think this is going to be my solution unless someone thinks otherwise.

I just got my zaino in the mail today. Just got ZPC and Z5 with a polishing pad. I've read that ZAIO really isn't that necessary, although if i want to do this more often, I'd probably want it sooner or later. For now, I will stick with a good once over of Zaino PC, and keep applying z5. How often can I use Z-PC? I know its abrasive, so eventually my clear will diminish if I do it too often. I'm thinking maybe once or twice a year. I would think that ZAIO can be used more often, as its used to clean hard water spots and stuff, and not repair or reduce the heavier scratches.

This stuff smells awesome too! The zaino PC smells like melon, and the Z5 smells like grape. While I'm not excited for the smell, its definitely beter than a chemical scent.

I just got my zaino in the mail today. Just got ZPC and Z5 with a polishing pad. I've read that ZAIO really isn't that necessary, although if i want to do this more often, I'd probably want it sooner or later. For now, I will stick with a good once over of Zaino PC, and keep applying z5. How often can I use Z-PC? I know its abrasive, so eventually my clear will diminish if I do it too often. I'm thinking maybe once or twice a year. I would think that ZAIO can be used more often, as its used to clean hard water spots and stuff, and not repair or reduce the heavier scratches.

This stuff smells awesome too! The zaino PC smells like melon, and the Z5 smells like grape. While I'm not excited for the smell, its definitely beter than a chemical scent.

If you polish the car right the first time with Z-PC and nothing more happens to the finish (ie- scratches, etc.) then there is no need to use it again.

the ZAIO, Z2 are for the maintainence and finish work.

I love the Zaino, have been using it for years with all of my NSXes. For those of you with red cars, there is nothing that I have found that makes a red NSX look better than Zaino. Just remember that the early red cars have a tinted clear coat and buffing should be avoided at all costs, just keep it clean and protected with lots of Zaino. If you have to use Z-PC stay off the body lines or you will have an orange NSX instead of red.

Dave

Back