• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi edition NSX #05 for sale in Ontario

Hi guys, have not posted in a while. I am not affiliated with the seller in any way shape or form. Friend mentioned he found this the other day, it sold at an auction recently:

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/acura/n...e=no&ursrc=hl&orup=1_15_23&pc=L3R 4X7&sprx=-1

4f593c53-de86-4907-80e7-0b8c8fc845ee.jpg-1024x786

c2dfe583-8590-48c0-be81-665897fa3977.jpg-1024x786

10d19e49-2ba8-4363-957f-721d04ae3fa5.jpg-1024x786

c6a645b7-f806-492c-bf9d-35a459d49689.jpg-1024x786

:eek::eek::eek:

we can combine them...duplicate posts have no bearing on your enthusiasm...;)

What always is interesting about the Zanardis to me is the weird mix of Type-S and "normal" NSX in it. Like, why couldn't Honda just do the S seats and the trim and steering wheel? Even if you just offer the Recaro seats in black, like is it that much more expensive than re-upholstering the regular seats in perforated suede? It's like they went halfway. Even after all these years, i still can't get my head around it.

What always is interesting about the Zanardis to me is the weird mix of Type-S and "normal" NSX in it. Like, why couldn't Honda just do the S seats and the trim and steering wheel? Even if you just offer the Recaro seats in black, like is it that much more expensive than re-upholstering the regular seats in perforated suede? It's like they went halfway. Even after all these years, i still can't get my head around it.

Totally agree with you. I always wondered why too! same thing with USDM ITR vs JDM.

I'm from Europe... so not sure if this could be a problem in the US market due to safety reasons... but the S steering deletes airbag, so maybe that would be a problem... also S seats are quite narrow... so maybe Honda thought they would be not adequate for US market...

maybe the metal framed US seats met safety profiles more so than the JDM seats..

I'm from Europe... so not sure if this could be a problem in the US market due to safety reasons... but the S steering deletes airbag, so maybe that would be a problem... also S seats are quite narrow... so maybe Honda thought they would be not adequate for US market...

I've always suspected it was some USDOT or other safety regulation. But, even if that's true, there were/are some cars sold lawfully in the US without driver airbags and using CF racing buckets. And certainly in 1999. Ferraris come to mind. I wonder if Honda decided it wasn't worth the red tape to get whatever special permission is necessary for just 50 cars?

The price though! I mean wow.

Back