• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dash Light Brightness

The lighting for the clock, audio and temperature controls automatically dim when the lights turn on. Is there a way to over-ride this and allow these to remain in the daylight mode?

Thanks, duncan for he referral. Sounds a bit too involved (except for the clock) for me. Think I'll just live with it.

I designed and built a module to do that automatically on my '96. Its involved in that to work properly, a diode needs to be installed in the CCU, two wires need to be cut in the wiring harness and routed up to the clock area, a photo sensor needs to be mounted in the center heating/cooling duct. I designed my module so the cable to the clock plugs into it, then its output cable goes to the clock.

The diode in the CCU was necessary because the clock, CCU and stereo were designed by different groups/companies and use the dimmer and light control leads somewhat differently. It took a few hours of measurements and tracing leads in the units to figure out how to make it all work.

A Prime member was going to design a PC board for the module (mine was hand built), but I don't think that ever happened.

I just couldn't stand that my '84 'vette had this feature and my '96 NSX didn't. In a moment of insanity, I would probably do it again. Parts list and schematics are available upon request.

Back