• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Type R Alcantara fabric

BD

Legendary Member
http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=400&type=s

Any one who wants to redo the seats, here is a vender with the original Recaro fabric found on the Honda Type R seats. Red and black.

They are not cheap but real.

I'll be ordering some when it is time to replace my NSX R seat covers.

I can source the OEM colors (including Type-R Black) for Honda (made by Toray Japan). The issue is that the new dies they use are much better and do not show abrasions as bad (as compared to the material from 1998-2008). Let me know is I can assist you further.

I can source the OEM colors (including Type-R Black) for Honda (made by Toray Japan). The issue is that the new dies they use are much better and do not show abrasions as bad (as compared to the material from 1998-2008). Let me know is I can assist you further.

I'm in search of the mesh style fabric found on the NA2 R. If you have that connection, I will be glad to get them from you.

I'm in search of the mesh style fabric found on the NA2 R. If you have that connection, I will be glad to get them from you.

I do not have a source for the mesh material at this time.

I found something similar through office chair furniture, now I just need to get a sample to see how close they are.

I found something similar through office chair furniture, now I just need to get a sample to see how close they are.

You want to keep the UV stability of fabrics in mind. You don't want your red material to turn pink or your black to turn purple. :wink:

Back