• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

O2 sensor

I have just had alow boost CTE SC installed but it seems to have followed by failure of my rear bank O2 sensor.
My NSX is a 91 with a 98 header and de-cat pipes with a aftermarket exhaust.

Is the SOS O2 sensor the best value for money.
If so which one do I choose?

NTK Replacement 02 Sensors - PAIR - NSX, 1991-96

[enpp-911] $133.92

NTK Replacement O2 Sensor - DOWNSTREAM PAIR - NSX, 1995-99

[enpp-912] $133.92

NTK Replacement 02 Sensors - UPSTREAM PAIR - NSX, 1997-99

[enpp-913] $304.67

NTK Replacement 02 Sensors - UPSTREAM PAIR - NSX, 2000-04

[enpp-914] $485.88

NTK Replacement 02 Sensors - DOWNSTREAM PAIR - NSX, 2000-05

[enpp-915] $283.04

NTK Replacement 02 Sensors - UPSTREAM PAIR - NSX, 2005

[enpp-916] $308.56

Thanks

SS

umm only 1 of those is for a 91.

You might want to make sure they're really the OEM ones and not just "OE equivalent" otherwise you may find yourself having to splice wires when the new ones come because they don't have the connectors on the ends like the ones from SOS do.

You should order both banks, and replace them as a pair if you have an O2 failure.

Dave

Does it matter if I have a 98+ header on?

SS

No the sensor size does not change, you need the O2 for your model year car, the only issue with the change in the header would be the length of wire to reach the new O2 location, but I think the up-stream O2's are in a very similar location on both years.

Dave

Just curious, why do you need to replace 02 sensors in pairs? If the other one is still working why add 300 dollars worth of parts if you dont need to? Please explain if this is just "precautionary overkill" or a MUST or if its a grey area... what shade of grey are we talking about? gun metal grey, charcoal grey?

Jman

Just curious, why do you need to replace 02 sensors in pairs? If the other one is still working why add 300 dollars worth of parts if you dont need to? Please explain if this is just "precautionary overkill" or a MUST or if its a grey area... what shade of grey are we talking about? gun metal grey, charcoal grey?

Jman

This shade of grey is called "won't have to change another sensor next week since they both have the same approximate life span and if one is gone then the other is not far behind" grey.:wink:

That is a much better description than the one I got from someone else. Said they were interconnected and one ruins the other. Didnt really buy that story.

Thanks for the info

Jman

oxygensensors.com is cheaper for the oe denso O2 sensors.. $85 front and $81 rear..with free shipping..they ship pretty quick..i've used them in the past on my other cars..

oxygensensors.com is cheaper for the oe denso O2 sensors.. $85 front and $81 rear..with free shipping..they ship pretty quick..i've used them in the past on my other cars..

For a 98 NSX the Denso's are $45.85(front) and $47.02(rear) at sparkplugs.com. I looked them up for a 91 and they are more expensive for some reason.

i think the reason it being cheaper is because you probably need 4 O2 sensor for the NA2..someone correct me if i'm wrong..

i know for my 93 there are only 2 O2 before cat..but on na2 u have 2 pre-cat and 2 post-cat..atleast that's what oxygensensors.com listed..i also looked up your 98 and on the bottom you can see it's listed for $45 for Post-cat ...but pre-cat is $100+ ..and free shipping too.

You might want to make sure they're really the OEM ones and not just "OE equivalent" otherwise you may find yourself having to splice wires when the new ones come because they don't have the connectors on the ends like the ones from SOS do.

We sell the OEM type which will come with the correct connector, and a universal, which you will have to splice on.

Does anybody know if the length of the wires matter if you have headers (say Comptech)? I thought I read somewhere that the wires have to be longer if you have headers but I can’t remember where I heard/read that. :redface:

Thanks

Does anybody know if the length of the wires matter if you have headers (say Comptech)? I thought I read somewhere that the wires have to be longer if you have headers but I can’t remember where I heard/read that. :redface:

Thanks

I have Comptech headers and used the Denso ones with no problems.

Back