• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saving a Zanardi’s life

Been having a hard time getting on Prime.Here we are now. Doing wheel alignment and found it needs a lf inner tie road. Will be here Monday and then back on

so Joe is time for a domestic manufacturer to start nsx reproduction parts....

so Joe is time for a domestic manufacturer to start nsx reproduction parts....
Yes. Someone needs to or all that will be left are hacked up Frankenstein cars I'm disgusted by the poor support Acura gives to this car. I thought of doing my own refresh center but what's the use if you can't get parts? I can get parts from unverified sources but that is not something I'm interested in or legally able to do. Too many totaled cars are in the hands of private people who hack them up, sell parts to other hacks and help dwindle the resource of used parts. Think of this Doc, if prosthetics, medical equipment and drugs sold privately on the internet were your only source, patients would go untreated and perhaps die. That's the present and future I see now for the 1st gen NSX. Breaks my heart. They built a car that was made to last but they seemed to have quit. I recall Mr. Uhehara making a toast at a NSX event that was something like "I hope my grand children and you grandchildren meet each other in their NSX's". Ain't gonna happen if it stays like this. Still no passenger airbag and NO date of impending release. Car will go home with a gaping hole in the dash. I'm turned off in a big way. Sorry for the negative rant but when I think of all the factory attended events for their cars I've gone to in support .... I guess I liked their car more than they do.Perhaps it's time for them to consolidate and sell and distribute all NSX from one location say the Ohio factory area near their plant. I think they should consider a "refresh center" there as well. Where do I apply?

Last edited:
I’ve felt that way for a very long time now. Can’t even get a crate motor. Have to spend BIG numbers just to get a car back on the road again.:mad: The whole thing has turned me off on the Honda brand...

Last edited:
They ought to do what Mercedes has done.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/enth...MI8qb72vyW2wIVl0wNCh3tHgrMEAAYASAAEgK-lfD_BwE

They should let you and Larry B spearhead this. It looks to me like you are already a refresh center!<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2681e957/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2681e957/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

congratulations!!!! a zanardi phoenix

Amazing!!<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/51a6d694/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/51a6d694/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Remarkable project. Definitely worthy of a Zanardi or any NSX for that matter. Brings back memory of the project when one of our early NSX friend, an AH tech employee, oversaw the bulding of an NSX out of two badly crashed chassis. I remember riding in the car just before it was driven from LA to Denver for the first (1997) NSXPO. I wonder who owns it now.

Are you talking about the one that "Woodwork" did? I think it was a super low VIN # car too. Something like #16 , #17 , or #19 for that year. Monte Carlo Blue if I recall.

Last edited:
Congrats on a job well done, to Mitch for being middleman, and to the owner, who it appears will get a well-sorted Zanardi back. Makes my NSX owner heart glad.

that is a true pro at work!......

Joe and Mitch deserve a standing ovation for bringing this car back to life. The passion Mitch has for this car and the owner is second to none. I've known Mitch for a very long time and he is a stand up guy who obviously will do anything to help a friend in need. Joe is a Jedi Master at all things NSX. The fact that he has the skills to repair this car back to OEM quality speaks volumes. There are good body shops, and then there's Joe's (Vince's Body) shop. Joe has even repaired my cousins car by coincidence. :)

What a story and great job!. I agree with DocL!

Ready to watch the next project.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5913fd51/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5913fd51/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

I'm so glad LarryB told me to check out this post. What a transformation. Kudos to all involved. A big shout out to Joe's staff. They are artisans.

Incredible work. Congrats.

I'm wondering what the value of the car is now that all the great work getting is proper order? It seems damaged NSX lose value, no matter how good the repair.

I'm wondering what the value of the car is now that all the great work getting is proper order? It seems damaged NSX lose value, no matter how good the repair.

My theory is that with this being a Zanardi, and with the documentation of the quality of the repair, the car has not lost much in value. Some, sure. But not a lot. I mean, how many Zanardis have you seen available in the open market in the last 5 years? Very few. The ones that do sell typically change hands privately, and never hit the open market anyway. Plus, if someone does not like the asking price for it, it always comes back to saying, "Well...where are you going to find another one". Truly a captive audience unless the buyer wants to potentially wait several years for another opportunity.

Since everyone loves pictures and a happy ending to the story, here is Zanardi #34 and my 1994 Grand Prix White after arriving back from the 800 mile drive home from New York. I did not even bother going into the house, and immediately washed the car as soon as I got home. Seriously. :smile:

1994 NSX and 1999 Zanardi NSX.JPEG

Back