• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SSR GP-è Decolte Evolution

They look good in photos, but I haven't seen one up close as yet. Would someone on Prime by any chance have these wheels on their car, preferably in a BBK set-up? Could you post a picture or two, if it's not too much trouble?

Thanks.

Attachments

• wheel01.jpg
    wheel01.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 614
Sorry, the name should be GP-O (with a dash through the middle of the O). I guess Prime doesn't support that symbol.

Apologies.

David,

Those are really nice looking wheels. I was thinking about getting them before
I decided on the 5Zigens and then later on with the Work Equips. Doing a search
for "Decolte" comes up with some threads that are pretty old. As a result, a lot of
the pics with those wheels come up with Red Xs.

However, I do know that 5inchfatlip has those wheels in an 18/18 inch setup.
I've got a few pics with his car on my site.

-Randy

DSC02490.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

FuryNSX said:
David,

Those are really nice looking wheels. I was thinking about getting them before
I decided on the 5Zigens and then later on with the Work Equips. Doing a search
for "Decolte" comes up with some threads that are pretty old. As a result, a lot of
the pics with those wheels come up with Red Xs.

However, I do know that 5inchfatlip has those wheels in an 18/18 inch setup.
I've got a few pics with his car on my site.

-Randy

Thanks, Randy.

They do look good. Unfortunately, the wheel shop just called and said they wouldn't fit over the Brembos (again!). *sigh*

The search goes on....

Lazarus said:
Thanks, Randy.

They do look good. Unfortunately, the wheel shop just called and said they wouldn't fit over the Brembos (again!). *sigh*

The search goes on....
So, I guess that search into the Work Equips also came up negative, eh? Good luck in your search.

FuryNSX said:
So, I guess that search into the Work Equips also came up negative, eh? Good luck in your search.

Affirmative. And thanks.

Geez, this is more difficult than I could ever have imagined.

Thanks Fury for the pics, havent seen those in a while...see you in a few sundays...

Lazarus- my set was specifically built to fit a brembo or BBK front AND back. I do not know the specs since it was the older owner, but yes they are 18's all around and the offset for the front are +44 if I remember correctly.
I know they were custom made to fit and I'm sure you may be able to find them still, just have to find the right distributor- someone on the east coast was able to get a set as well probably last year..

fc9bb13b.jpg

I thought those decolte wheels were discontinued. I remember emailing 5inchfatlip last year about them before I picked my current wheel. My local shops could only get the SSR's with the 5-star and the split spokes....like you seen on tire rack I think.

5inchfatlip> Thanks for the info. That is really a big help.

5inchfatlip & Bilulan> The Decolte Evolution is still being manufactured and available in Japan. You can find them here.

Cheers.

donwon said:
I found something. Had to go with a Custom HRE. I could not find anything else that would fit. Pics

here

Very nice set-up. I notice your front wheels protrude beyond the fender line a little, just like they do on my car. Have you noticed any adverse effects on the car's handling as a result of this?

Funny thing is I spent almost the entire afternoon today at the tire/wheel shop going through catalog after catalog and STILL(!) am unable to find a set of wheels that: 1.) I like, and 2.) will fit over the Brembos.

What the hell does a guy have to do to get a new set of wheels??

*sigh*

I think thats the angle of the pic. The rims of the front (if looking from the top) is perfectly flush with the fender. The spokes; however, do stick out slightly beyond the fender where they are curved to clear the caliper. Not by much though. At this point, im glad I found something that fits. Other than a very slight rub on u-turns, I havent noticed any difference in handling at all.

donwon said:
I think thats the angle of the pic. The rims of the front (if looking from the top) is perfectly flush with the fender. The spokes; however, do stick out slightly beyond the fender where they are curved to clear the caliper. Not by much though. At this point, im glad I found something that fits. Other than a very slight rub on u-turns, I havent noticed any difference in handling at all.

I see, and thanks. You wouldn't happen to recall the offset on those wheels, would you? Oh, and the sizes also?

Just checked the HRE website....those 841Rs look pretty darned good. Shame they don't have 17's.

donwon said:
Yes sweetness. Those have the curved spokes as well. Ben has (or had) those on his car

You're right, his car is very nice. I'm just a bit hesitant about going to an 18/19 set-up. I quite like the 17/18 I have now.

Can anyone recommend a 17/18 combination that has an offset for the front that will clear a BBK (Brembo) and with which I can have a deep rim for the rear? (Well, the deep rim for the rear is optional.)

I'm a little late here, but I have those wheels on my car polished.

If you want I can post pics later if you want to see a closer look.

Syonara said:
I'm a little late here, but I have those wheels on my car polished.

If you want I can post pics later if you want to see a closer look.

I'd appreciate that. If you could also post the size and offsets, that'd be even better. Thanks.

(Better late than never.:) )

ssr wheels

5inchfatlip said:
Thanks Fury for the pics, havent seen those in a while...see you in a few sundays...

Lazarus- my set was specifically built to fit a brembo or BBK front AND back. I do not know the specs since it was the older owner, but yes they are 18's all around and the offset for the front are +44 if I remember correctly.
I know they were custom made to fit and I'm sure you may be able to find them still, just have to find the right distributor- someone on the east coast was able to get a set as well probably last year.. that was me i just posted the info on another ssr posting i will post all the info as soon as i find my paper work mine are still in the boxes

fc9bb13b.jpg

Back