• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Formula E

Did anyone else watch the Beijing race? I watched it on FS1 and the broadcast was less than exciting. Hopefully it gets better as they move along.

What a crash at end! Heidfeld's car somersaulted a couple of times and I was afraid he was going to strike the barrier the way Greg Moore did many years ago.

http://jalopnik.com/watch-as-inaugural-formula-e-race-ends-in-absolutely-mo-1634345590

And the cars have 5-speed gearboxes! At first I thought they would be similar to street e-cars with a single speed but then how would they "race" with a single speed?

Interesting that they also monitor energy use and disqualified Abt from third place because he had used to much juice.

I watched it...They need to make some changes to the broadcast in my opinion. I felt like I was watching an RC car race, and what was with the background music! I only tuned in to see the "Big" name drivers. The also need to add another sprint race to the event, 25 -30 laps with car change just doesnt work for me.

Back