• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LIV league

I know we have a bunch of golfers here. What do we all think about the current tug of war ...With just Lefty and crazy Norman the PGA had little to worry about...but some marque names are starting to sign on the dotted $$$. I think players should be allowed to play in both tours....I don't agree with the PGA leaving $ on the table If they are going to ban the converts..

there's our glib gleibig......:biggrin:

yep age has increased my handicap 5 strokes...there is a joke there somewhere..:eek:

Where's the darn thumbs up, when you need it?

Golf is going to make itself as irrelevant as professional tennis.
I enjoy golf, play it occasionally and didn’t think about the PGA as an agency that is different than the USGA until now.
The PGA drew a line in the sand, and may have miscalculated how much money is enough for the golfer who doesn’t make money on PGA events.
Sadly, even Tiger Woods could jump ship and play in the LIV and most people wouldn’t know or care; he’d still play in the US Open and the British Open and maybe even The Masters (who even if they are part of the PGA would probably give them the finger).

Its all over sports radio in Detroit, some people are upset.

I find comical people actually side with the PGA. I’ll keep my personal views of Saudi Arabia to myself but who cares why a golfer decided on LIV over PGA. People upset someone who put their families well being ahead of a golf tournament.

People all of the sudden care about the humanitarian situation there because a rich golfer decided to deepen their pockets. I can’t stand when people expect athletes to be mentors, they didn’t practice all that time to be your kids mentor. They did it to become better for themselves.

Charles Barkley once said 'I can't be a role model for your kid. Your kid doesn't know me. I can be an athletic hero, but a role model should be a mom, a dad, an aunt, an uncle, someone the kid has contact with. '

The players have a unique opportunity to lift all boats...If they unite and there is no one left for the PGA to kick out there will come some productive PGA tour negotiations for increased purses/bonuses the world over...that may be the Saudi's ultimate goal...

The guy who won the tournament took home something like $4M. More than he made in his career in PGA tournaments if I heard correctly.

Something’s gotta give.

I have a friend who played college ball, went to the minors working his way up but not enough money, or mentorship and he washed out after too much travel, alcohol and ganga.

If the LIV does player development better, I’m all for it.

the current PGA pros should be sending the Saudi's thank you letters...

the current PGA pros should be sending the Saudi's thank you letters...

Koepka just announced he is heading to the LIV.

The PGA is bleeding famous names. They are going to have to open their wallets; but it may be too little, too late now.

It kinda reminds me of the CART / IRL war once cigarette sponsorship had to choose a league, and took the Indy 500. LIV has the names, and deep, deep pockets.

I’m not sure the PGA can survive now; maybe I’m wrong.

PGA recently announced purse increases...they have been a monopoly too long...you can guess where I stand on the matter..

I live on a fairway! Technically next to one. But based on the number of balls that wind up in my back yard, it is the fairway.

If I ever get to design my own course, it's thick rough down the center flanked by short grass 80yds wide on either side.

If I ever get to design my own course, it's thick rough down the center flanked by short grass 80yds wide on either side.

Isn't that how you like you.... "dates".......groomed...

slick....

Back