• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinion on value of 1991 red/ivory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am exploring the possibility of selling my 1991 Red/ivory NSX that I've owned the last 12 years. I'm curious what value would be on it if I put it up for sale privately.

The specs are as follows:

Miles 86000ish
5 speed manual, with 6 disc and no built in cell phone. Interior is kept stock and everything works.

Services: New brake pads and rotors last summer with no more than 1000 miles since they were installed. This spring it will get a timing belt and water pump job and all the rubber hoses will be done and the oil pan gasket will be done as well when the engine is out of the car. Obviously there will be a coolant flush, I will be having the brakes bled and the oil will be changed. Wish I didn't change the oil this past fall before storage as that's now looking like a waste!

Front tires are brand new this spring as well, haven't been installed yet either.

Extras:
Multiple denso large oil filters, OEM exhaust, manifolds, springs, and shocks that were removed prior to 20,000 miles. Multiple air filters as well and I'm sure a bunch of things I can't even think of

Mods:
Headers, comptech exhaust, koni adjustable shocks, eibach springs, downforce scoops intake, JDM short gears and NSX-R 4.23 Ring and pinion. Two sets of SSR Integral rims, wings west front lip and the roof is painted to match the formula red paint.

Car falls in snap ring range, however the entire tranny was rebuilt at Acura Brookfield (John Vasos) when it was in the 45000 miles range. This was one year after I bought the car. That is when the ring and pinion was installed. I've had zero issues since. I bought the car thinking this was addressed as John said they looked at the car prior to it's sale to me and said it was done (prior owner had all the service work done by John), however after it happened John stood by his word and rebuilt it for me at no cost.

Car was stored winters.

I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting but that's all I can think of at this moment.

I was guessing the value somewhere in the $36-40 range to the right buyer?

Attachments

• 2013-09-21 17.22.55.jpg
    2013-09-21 17.22.55.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 2013-09-21 17.22.40.jpg
    2013-09-21 17.22.40.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 74
I'd say 36k is a good place to start since you have all the work done / will be done.

Really torn on even getting rid of this car. Just got rid of my GT-R and I'm considering a 360 modena which has been something on my bucket list ever since it came out. 12 years is a long time to own a car, kind of becomes an identity. It's modded exactly how I want it as well... to duplicate this would be near impossible if I came back, just finding these rims which I find add the right amount of sport look are discontinued, hence the extra set.

I've always wanted an F-car and even a P-car. At the end of the day I had to decide, what will I want when I'm tired of them, {and it will happen}. I will want another NSX, "just like the one I sold to get this". I few years back I sold my mine due to a health related scare. I was devastated to say the least when my health issued was resolved, I had to face seeing my NSX around town. Fortunately it was sold back to me with only a few hundred more miles than it had. Think about it!

Last edited:
I could float both if I had to, but it more or less comes down to I didn't drive my GT-R as much as I had hoped the last couple years, hence the reason why it was sold. That was a fun car to own and very practical for a daily driver for work, but I just couldn't justify so much equity tied up in something that was driven 2500 miles. My other thought is if I were to come back I would go to as new a model as I could find. Don't get me wrong, this car is solid, but I can still see it's a 24 year old car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back