• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PPI service in Detriot area

Hello all,

I'm in need of assistance and hoping someone could help in identifying a reputable person, independent NSX mechanic or Acura dealer that would be willing to perform a PPI on a '05 NSX.

Please PM me with your suggestions.

Thanks,
Jason

Mike Michalik at Suburban Acura in Farmington Hills is the man that many of us Greater Detroit NSX owners use. He is the lead tech at that dealership and has been there many years. I had him do a PPI on my NSX (in fact I flew him to Phoenix so that should give you an idea of how confident I am in his abilities and opinions). Phone # is 248 471-9200. Ask for Jeff Smith -- he is the only service writer I will deal with -- very nice/low key and knows his stuff. PM me if you want any further info.

Best,
Jeff

Mike Michalik at Suburban Acura in Farmington Hills is the man that many of us Greater Detroit NSX owners use. He is the lead tech at that dealership and has been there many years. I had him do a PPI on my NSX (in fact I flew him to Phoenix so that should give you an idea of how confident I am in his abilities and opinions). Phone # is 248 471-9200. Ask for Jeff Smith -- he is the only service writer I will deal with -- very nice/low key and knows his stuff. PM me if you want any further info.

Best,
Jeff

Ditto! :biggrin:

I knew the Black '05 wouldn't last long :)

Ditto again! :biggrin:

Tho I'd like to see this specimen remain in MICHIGAN!

Jason, I mentioned to Mike Michalik (who I happened to run into last night) that he might be hearing from you. Good luck with the PPI.

Paul, is the black /05 on Prime? If so, I must have missed it. And by the way, thx again for the headers, cats, muffler off that /04. Everything was installed last week and car runs beautifully -- better sound, better looking exhaust tips and a bit of a change in character of engine -- it just runs better and a bit more freely. Its hard to discern change in power output from seat of pants when what we are talking about is perhaps a 5% increase in both hp and tq.

Neal, come to London, Ont weekend of August 20th to meet up with my fellow Canucks. I am going to join them for Saturday a.m. and will head back home from Grand Bend. I'm probably going to bring my friend Ryan (from Discount Tire -- good guy to know) with me as I promised him some seat time last year.

Best,
Jeff

Thanks Neal/Jeff/Koji for all the assistance! Hope to have the PPI completed this week!

PPI was completed and the car checks out with only a few minor issues. Mike Michalik did a great job and went through his findings with me.

The minor issues:

-power antenna motor disconnected
-trunk light not working
-some rust showing on the bolts and a few minor areas on the underside; car was in jersey and michigan so that would explain it.
-normal wear on drivers seat/bolster

Hope to move forward to the next steps here in the coming week and hope to finally become an owner!

Jason, thanks for your update. Hope you were indeed pleased with Mike Michalik.
Good luck in your continued pursuit!

Back