• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

<CNN>Fess up, who got caught speeding in Oregon

I don't know the laws of Oregon, but I would look into a lawyer. It doesn't appear the way the article is written that they were "speed racing". But perhaps it is just the way the law is written that if you're exceeded the speed limit by X then it qualifies as "speed racing"? :confused:

Congrats being the 3rd person to post this here. :wink:
"Speed Racing" cracks me up. As opposed to all the "slow racing" we normally do.

Hi

We live in a different world. A fine of $627 is what you get if you drive 7 to 9 mph faster than legal in a 43 mph or more zone.

I lost my license for three months and got a fine of $1370 for doing 80 mph in a 56mph zone.

Regards

I saw this group of exotics earlier this week around lunch time 12-1 pm on either Monday or Tuesday. They were all parked by the piers of S.F. (Embarcadero). I guess this was one of many stops on the way to Oregon and beyond. However I didn't have time to converse with anyone of them.

Congrats being the 3rd person to post this here. :wink:
"Speed Racing" cracks me up. As opposed to all the "slow racing" we normally do."

Exactly. Sounds like these guys were having a good time driving their cars the way the were made to drive. Nothing in the article about being reckless or endangering others. The temptation to go fast is one of the things that worries me about owning an NSX. I got a ticket for 90 in a 65 zone in Maryland in my TL. It cost me $350 (a reasonable fine) but it stays on my Virginia record for 11 years. I've got another nine years to go before it erases. Frown.

On a related note, we just spent the weekend driving in Ontario and there are these enormous billboards along the highways. They say 50 KPH (30 MPH) over the speed limit is a $10,000 fine plus roadside suspension (you walk home) and roadside impounding of your car.

Ouch.

On a related note, we just spent the weekend driving in Ontario and there are these enormous billboards along the highways. They say 50 KPH (30 MPH) over the speed limit is a $10,000 fine plus roadside suspension (you walk home) and roadside impounding of your car.

Ouch.

Ontario (Canada) welcomes you and takes care of your car for 7 days.

Back