• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine Maintenance Lid Insulation

Hi All,
My local mice have taken an overly aggressive liking to the fiber insulation blanket on my Engine Maintenance Lid (1991 5MT). It looks like this part is no longer available. Does anyone have a good idea for a replacement?
This time I'll spray it with Ropel or some sort of mouse-away.
Any and all ideas will be appreciated.
Spottwd.

Thanks for the info. These seem to be the entire maintenance lid assembly and I need only the fiber blanket part which is the underneath lining. Anyone ever replace just the lining and not the whole thing?

Thanks for the info. These seem to be the entire maintenance lid assembly and I need only the fiber blanket part which is the underneath lining. Anyone ever replace just the lining and not the whole thing?

the one i listed earlier on ebay is just for the fiber blanket which is just the lining if you have looked. it seem the seller also specified it was part number #15 on the ad also

Thanks. I had looked. The ebay listing, fourth picture, shows the blanket as the underside of the entire lid, and it seems that the listing is for the entire lid - blanket and all. This appears to be the case with the amayam listing as well. I was just wondering if anyone tried to replace just the blanket.

If not, I guess I can just go with the lid and blanket or try to cut a custom hood blanket and use the attachments on the bottom side of the hard part of the lid to try and jury-rig something.

It's clearly a different part as the other members have been stating. Buy #15 , that's the lining. Read the description of the parts. The lid itself is #6 which costs around $1000.

I never realized there was supposed to be insulation. I have had my car for almost 3 years and have never had the insulation. Does anyone have experience having and then not having the insulation? Is there a difference in the sound level in the cabin with the insulation?

Part Received

Thanks. I ordered from eBay. Will let you know if it doesn't work out. And now for the little crittters.

Got the part Monday which was very fast from Hong Kong (Kowloon). It looks like the part I wanted, although green vs. brown. Who woulda thunk. I pland to put it on this weekend and hope to get it to storage before my local mice can find it again. If it doesn't work out I'll let you know.

The eBay seller said to let him know if I needed other parts, or parts for Type R.

Back