• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage addition

Well, my existing garage space had been taken up by heavy machinery, (9-42 Knee mill and a Knapp combo woodworking tool) Its a 16'- 24' space so i'm bumping it out another 18' for the NSX. Now the total lengh will be 42' heres a couple pics of the groundbreaking and I'll post more pics as I continue building it.

Attachments

• Garage2.jpg
    Garage2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Garage3.jpg
    Garage3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,033
WOOOO-HOOOOO!! I love it!!! I cannot wait to have my own huge garage. :)

Were making progress with the garage addition. My dad and I are doing it ourselves, Heres a couple of pics

Attachments

• Garage 1.jpg
    Garage 1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 861
  • July 2005 030.jpg
    July 2005 030.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 858
  • July 2005 035.jpg
    July 2005 035.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 852
  • July 2005 211.jpg
    July 2005 211.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 874
NsXMas said:
are you a professional contractor? that's really impressive work.

Well it seems like he is a woodworker. How long did that impressive work take?

Thanks guys for the compliments, I'm not a contractor I just have a couple obsessions. The first being my home renovations, the second being my NSX. It also helps to have a dad that is a woodworking phenom. :wink: As far as tools are concerned Heres a pic of my Knapp TK-410, custom built Austrian combination woodworking machine. Its the NSX of woodworking as far as machinery is concerned and has tolerences usually found only on metalworking machinery.
Heres also a pic of my entrance way to my house that was made with rough sawn lumber that was finished with the Knapp. I'll post more pics of the garage as I make progress .

Attachments

• Knapp.jpg
    Knapp.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 667
  • Prime.jpg
    Prime.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 668
Here's another pic of the front of the garage. We've been busy so progress has been a little slow.Hopefully we'll finish the soffits this week so I can start roofing . Notice the NSX inspired front roof, Almost looks like the rear taillamps.

Attachments

• Front garage.jpg
    Front garage.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 584
sick garage... I day i hope to have one that resembles that. My NSX has the pleasure of sitting outside most of the year.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
sick garage... I day i hope to have one that resembles that. My NSX has the pleasure of sitting outside most of the year.

Don't you ever worry about it getting stolen or vandalized? It happend to me... and it SUCKED. :mad:

NetViper said:
Don't you ever worry about it getting stolen or vandalized? It happend to me... and it SUCKED. :mad:

I live in the middle of a forest. Unless someone followed my home they would have no idea there is even a development there. Doesnt even come up on an ACURA NAVI! I keep a cover on it but most of the time my car stay garaged at work. Winter time she just sleeps in my driveway.

How worried would you be:

Helmetta, NJ

Population (year 2000): 1,825, Est. population in July 2002: 1,905 (+4.4% change)
Males: 905 (49.6%), Females: 920 (50.4%)

I had as many people in my HS as the popualtion of my town. We do have 2 NSX's!

Zennsx said:
Sounds like a nice place to live.

as long as you dont mind driving for everything.

jack of all trades. . .

Zennsx said:
I'm also looking for some flush mount scissor jacks to recess into the floor but I'm having a difficult time locating them.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it seems to fit the description...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38281&highlight=mid-rise+lift

You can pm DanO here on 'Prime for more insights!

Also, how much concrete did you use for the foundation (ie. depth) for the garage-addition?

Actually, I was thinking more along these lines for a lift. And to answer your questions ,I used 12 yards of concrete. I didn't want to pour a footer and use cement block (too labor intensive)so we just poured a solid 2' 3' deep footer. its below the frost line but definately overkill,Then again so is 3/4" exterior plywood and 2" * 6" studs. Although the studs make for great shelving. I would never make a garage into a doctors office by drywalling. You loose too much storage.

Attachments

• Lift.JPG
    Lift.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
Zennsx said:
I'm also looking for some flush mount scissor jacks to recess into the floor but I'm having a difficult time locating them.

To recess a lift, you would need to either pour the concrete around it or cut your new floor :eek: . The SP7 you pictured is no longer available because of long term issues, and BendPak can still make them, but I wouldn't recommend it. I stand behind my recommendation of it's replacement, the SP-7X :biggrin:
binary_out.isg

I'm sure this is the lift that prompted your curiousity
f3ea6326.jpg

John, the lift pictured is on E-Bay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7000...63697QQitemZ4569556124QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting
eBay Motors: 7000 LBS FULL RISE SCISSOR LIFT (item 4569556124 end time Aug-28-05 03:15:30 PDT) I'd rather get the Bend-Pak SP-7 because of the smaller foot print and its superior quality. However the SP7X runways are 108" as opposed around 60" And the X would be a little problematic as far as recessing is concerned . If i had the space and I wasnt going to recess the lift in the floor I would have definately ordered the 7X.

The VP of BendPak suggested not to use that lift, so my recommendation was from him. What is selling is left overs, as it clears stock for its replacement :wink:

I did find out that I can still get the SP-7, if that is what you want.

Very cool garage.....keeping the NSX inside at night makes it happy, and makes you happy in return. :D

Back