• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT Theory SV-28 Widebody Sneak peak

Will that rear bumper fit the stock 1/4 panels?

Will that rear bumper fit the stock 1/4 panels?[/QUOTE

The rear bumper is widebody specific. I am considering doing a 10-15mm front fender and rear bumper/diffuser setup for stock body cars. Just looking for another NSX to build the prototype parts on.

Molds and first run parts for the front fenders, side skirts and rear quarters are done. Starting the rear bumper next and valence next.
IMG_20130811_193321_979.jpg

All parts are molded, first run parts built and installed, with exception of the front bumper which we are moulding now. I didn't love the valence so we are redesigning it. We also started the optional center exit rear diffuser, I will post a teaser of the prototype once its far enough along. I will get a couple pictures of the installed kit up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the kit installed with the Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave Rear Wheel. Parts are rough fit with about half the bolts in and 1 bolt in each end of the side skirt.
IMG_20131121_153752_797.jpg

IMG_20131121_153910_174.jpg

IMG_20131121_153917_006.jpg

IMG_20131121_153947_090.jpg

IMG_20131121_154432_019.jpg

Here is a shot of the shortened rear bumper, we brought it in about 2" to update the look of the rear. It looks so much better than stock.
IMG_20131121_154811_517.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks the sideskirt scoop looks weird because it doesn't match the fender scoop???

If you take a look at all the other kits or after market skirts they go with the usual format of scoop direction design. This reminds me of a Murcielago directed opening. Nothing wrong with a little change, especially introducing a new product to the scene he designed. In many senses some people will find it weird and some others may like it.

I just commend Brandon for continuing this project after many trials and adjustments over time.

Last edited:
The side skirts are definitely the most polarizing part of this particular kit. I'm giving it some time to see if it will grow on me. I would definitely need to add some functional break ducting for cooling purposes if I went with this.

If you take a look at all the other kits or after market skirts they go with the usual format of scoop direction design. This reminds me of a Murcielago directed opening. Nothing wrong with a little change, especially introducing a new product to the scene he designed. In many senses some people will find it weird and some others may like it.

I just commend Brandon for continuing this project after many trials and adjustments over time.
+1 on this

Am I the only one that thinks the sideskirt scoop looks weird because it doesn't match the fender scoop???

+1.

I could easily see this vent as more complimentary to the OEM vent design, just my criticism, but I do like the rest of the kit compared to others I have seen.

Thanks Gil, Regan and Josh. It has definitely been a long and expensive process but despite all the drawbacks we were able to complete the kit.
As far as the side skirt, I wanted to do something that was different than anything else available. The multicolored body is also making everything look a little choppy, once its all wrapped one color it will all flow together flawlwssly. I tried a few different designs including a non vented skirt and this was by far preferable. I could also adapt an 02 style skirt pretty easily as well as pretty much any other combo.

Liking the kit Brandon,

Thank you for bringing another option to the table for us. I really like the front end!

Liking the kit Brandon,

Thank you for bringing another option to the table for us. I really like the front end!

Thanks Chris, wait until you see the optional diffuser and center exit exhaust we are working on now!!

Here are a couple previews of the optional rear diffuser we are building, we just laid another layer of fiberglass, this is in the first stages of prototype phase. Need to trim and then start shaping everything, block then mould. The vent areas are not cut either. I will also add 2 detachable fins on each side and the exhaust will exit out the center tunnel area. If you follow me on instagram @gt_theory you have already seen these pics.
diffuser proto.jpg

Attachments

• diffuser proto.jpg
    diffuser proto.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 632
We started building the first full vacuum bag/epoxy carbon fiber SV28 widebody. Once complete I will get comparison weights vs OEM panels, but I know we will be lighter. The center exit diffuser prototype is coming along as well, should be done and ready for mould in 2-3 weeks.

Are you doing the Type R Style hood also Brandon?
I have considered it. It would be a full carbon/urethane core/epoxy resin vacuum bagged hood if I did. It would not be exposed carbon though, it would be built for ultimate strength and weight savings, not the carbon look. It would be lighter than the stock hood though. If 5 people wanted it I would go ahead with the mould.

Back