• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

importing from canada to usa

Tried looking around the forum but couldn't find any relevent information into importing a car from Canada to the US. found a bunch on importing into Canada FROM the US though....

hoping someone has done this before and has any advice?

The car was originally purchased and owned in the US before it was sold and imported into Canada.

any help would be appreciated.

-J

Your are NOT allowed to export an NSX's from Canada........................

Joking....This is a bit of a differant trend, most NSXs are imported from the 'States. Sorry don't know what is involved.

I would check the US requirements, that is most important.

Bram

Last edited:
Tried looking around the forum but couldn't find any relevent information into importing a car from Canada to the US.
I suspect that you didn't try looking in the Wiki section (off action bar at the top of most pages). I found the following in the "Purchasing an NSX" section that seems to deal with what you're looking for. http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Importing_a_Car
Just a word of warning .. some of the Wiki information was migrated from the previous FAQ section and might be a little out of date... but a good source none the less.

i would tend to agree! as a canadian, from what ive seen in the past few months, there are much less nsx's to choose from in canada, at a significantly higher pricepoint.

almost all the nsx's that ive looked into buying in canada, were all originally vehicles imported from the u.s. and a!

That's just wrong and backwards!! lol!!!

I have done this. Make sure you have your sales paperwork well documented and in hand. You are supposed to contact customs 72 hours in advance. You then need to go through customs and file the necessary paperwork. It's not hard but may take an hour or two to complete. A word of advise: make sure you know the hours of operation of the customs office you will be going through and also ask when peak hours are. My first trip through I waited for nearly two hours just to see an agent. Another thing: if you contact customs, they may try to scare you into having a broker do the transaction. Don't fall for it. A broker will charge you $1000-1500 or more to do the transfer when it is something that really isn't hard to do. Just call the customs office you will be going through and follow the rules they lay out for you.

You would have the benefit of buying a car that was previously in the USA so it should meet the USA emissions standards of the year the car was built as well as crash standards.

Back