• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking to buy new HONDA CIVIC 4 door

Is there a way to find out what the market price is on a Auto Civic LX 4 door (the new body style/model)?

I want to know what people are paying before taking my friend down to a local dealership.

She is looking to buy in southern Ca. Any help appreciated

go to carsdirect.com and check the invoice and their selling price. You can start and go down from there. You can usually get cars at or slightly above that "invoice" price.

I don't know the exact price, but a friend of mine bought a 4-door LX from a Temecula dealer for an out-the-door price of about $500 less than whatever sticker price was.

Fury,

I think sticker is about 18,050. Cars direct has it for 17,700 for the LX.

Invoice seems to be in the 15,800 range.

Can you provide some info through your friend or dealer? We don't mind making the trip out there. Appreciate it.

I got clarification on the transaction. He got an LX auto. The sticker price he referred to included dealer markup. After all was said and done, it turns out he still paid slightly over MSRP. He thinks you'll have no difficulty getting a better price now, maybe even under MSRP. Dealers may be trying to get rid of 06 stock. (Any Honda dealers here that can confirm?)

Anyways, check this page before you go in:
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/hond...erview.html;_ylt=AvUYUnwANG.6of3oeb0DQsRuiL8F

After all was said and done, he is still very happy with the car as a commuter, and this in spite of him being a fan of German cars.

Hope that helps.

-Randy

I just got an insurance quote for a new civic... freakin thing was almost 150/6months more than the nsx!

Thanks for all the help! Went to Thousand Oaks Honda today, for a 2006 Auto LX Civic, and they will go no lower than 17,800$.

Wonder if I should wait for a 2007 .

Back